PDA

View Full Version : Smashed up Car..:(

OnBoost!
27-03-2013, 04:58 AM
Got smashed into while waiting for a pedestrian too cross the driveway too the work carpark last week on tuesday,the damage is worse than it looks,the panelbeaters tidied it up a bit,so it doesn't look so bad....

I was pretty gutted last week. Never had an accident/got smashed into before...

Subaru ETA
27-03-2013, 05:15 AM
Gutted mate. Other person insured?

Ryan
27-03-2013, 05:26 AM
Grrr, sorry man that blows! :sick: Is it repairable?

OnBoost!
27-03-2013, 05:34 AM
It's repairable,but I think since I can still drive the car,they have ordered all the parts,and will give me a call when they have them....looks like its gonna take a while...

Nope,other person doesn't have insurance....

wintertidenz
27-03-2013, 07:13 AM
There may be more damage than you think underneath though.

Pretty gutting, especially when the other idiot doesn't have insurance and you have to shell out while they take their time repaying the insurance company.

Oblivion
27-03-2013, 11:02 AM
What is it with people that cant drive!! It shouldnt be so hard to not hit another car thats stationary :(

elnevio
27-03-2013, 11:10 AM
Gutted for you. No good now, but the sooner they get compulsory insurance in NZ, the better. Not that having it in the UK guarantees that another driver isn't driving without insurance, but it should massively reduce the likelihood.

Hope it gets fixed up nice for you. /yes

Far_Q
27-03-2013, 01:49 PM
Dam these mitsi haters :rifle:
Just think, in time it'll be back on the road, badder, sexier, and a score to settle seeking revenge on the tool that hit ya lol :beerchug:

Davezj
27-03-2013, 02:16 PM
gutted fo you richard, i really am.

as long asyou are ok and the car is repairable, that is the main thing.
i presume your insurance pays to get your car fixed then take the other person to court for the money they now owe the insurance company, whichwill probably tak yers to pay off at $10 an month. which will probably push your renewal premium up next year.

Wobble
27-03-2013, 02:51 PM
sorry to see about the car richard,

what are the laws in NZ then about insurance , i thought it was compulsory .

CANDEE
27-03-2013, 07:37 PM
Nope its voluntary Dave... Most sensible people have it, but there are those who do give a toss or deem it too expensive so they dont have it. Usually those who dont have it are under 25.

If you have a car financed they want it insured under comprehensive rather than just third party, fire and theft.

There has been talk about making third party compulsory like it is in AUS, where its part of your rego.

dixon8
27-03-2013, 07:46 PM
sorry to see about the car richard,

yes it should be compulsory...................

Kenneth
27-03-2013, 07:52 PM
Sad to see Richard

I would advise you to get the car properly checked out, even try taking it to a WOF testing station. This happened to my Dad not long ago. Despite my best efforts he (and his mechanic) thought it all looked OK and so didn't do anything about it. He subsequently failed his WOF for chassis damage and his car was written off.

Basically, rear end damage is often worse than it looks because there is often nothing but a bit of plastic protecting the chassis rails.

I hope you get it all sorted to your satisfaction.

low_vr4
27-03-2013, 09:33 PM
Sorry to hear this. Mine was worse than this so it should be repairable. With mine the metal part where the boot latch is was completely bent and so was the metal under the spare type. All repaired.

OnBoost!
27-03-2013, 11:25 PM
Sad to see Richard

I would advise you to get the car properly checked out, even try taking it to a WOF testing station. This happened to my Dad not long ago. Despite my best efforts he (and his mechanic) thought it all looked OK and so didn't do anything about it. He subsequently failed his WOF for chassis damage and his car was written off.

Basically, rear end damage is often worse than it looks because there is often nothing but a bit of plastic protecting the chassis rails.

I hope you get it all sorted to your satisfaction.

It's already been assessed by a state approved panelbeater,they had it on a hoist for an hour too check it over,the boss himself did it. So I assumed they would know what they are doing. He said there was no chassis damage.

Still waiting too hear back regarding the repair etc....

OnBoost!
27-03-2013, 11:27 PM
Sorry to hear this. Mine was worse than this so it should be repairable. With mine the metal part where the boot latch is was completely bent and so was the metal under the spare type. All repaired.

Yeah same happened with mine,you just cant see it,because they managed too pull the bumper back out.....those bumpers are tough!!

OnBoost!
28-03-2013, 08:42 PM
Well it's going too the panelbeaters on tuesday for a week,they are gonna give me a loan car. Hopefully they will do a good job....

aboo
28-03-2013, 10:50 PM
Gutted for you Richard:(. Hope you get it sorted with out to much hassle.

OnBoost!
11-04-2013, 12:24 AM
Well it's gonna be another week,all the panels have been put on,and now it needs too be primed,painted etc....

I'm starting too miss it a bit,although it's great having an automatic car too get too work etc,so much easier too drive..

When I dropped it off last week,they gave me a 98 Lancer SEI,a few days later I realised the warrant was gonna expire,so they said oops,we will give you another car.

I'm kinda glad I said something,cos the 97 Nissan Sentra they gave me,is way better than the lancer,it was a pile of crap,bad handling,uncomfortable,bad gearshifts,and very slow!! The sentra actually has 50k more on the clock,but is a better car in every way..

Chris.W
11-04-2013, 01:42 AM
Sorry to hear of your troubles, feeling your pain dude.

Rabit
15-04-2013, 07:06 AM
Nope its voluntary Dave... Most sensible people have it, but there are those who do give a toss or deem it too expensive so they dont have it. Usually those who dont have it are under 25.

If you have a car financed they want it insured under comprehensive rather than just third party, fire and theft.

There has been talk about making third party compulsory like it is in AUS, where its part of your rego.
The compulsory insurance that is part of our rego only protects the occupants of the other car and the passengers in your car but not the driver. Vehicle damage is not covered.

Subaru ETA
15-04-2013, 08:26 AM
Which panelbeater is it at Richard?

ANTHONY
15-04-2013, 08:34 AM
insurance goes from one extreme to another you guys have no compulsory insurance. we Do but it is sometimes abused with false claims.
so on a major incident you would have to pay out your self?

Subaru ETA
15-04-2013, 09:42 AM
If someone hits you who is not insured, your own insurance company will take them to court and they end up paying it back at $2 per week for 75 years.

If you both not insured then you would need to go to small claims court

OnBoost!
16-04-2013, 05:35 AM
Which panelbeater is it at Richard?

It's at Wayne Scott Panelbeaters and Spraypainters on Portage Road,new lynn.

http://waynescottpanel.co.nz/index.html

Should be finished either tomorrow,or thursday.

Subaru ETA
16-04-2013, 06:32 AM
Thought I saw it there the other day :p

OnBoost!
17-04-2013, 06:05 AM
Thought I saw it there the other day :p

Yeah? Were they working on it?

Subaru ETA
17-04-2013, 06:13 AM
I only saw the front of it in the workshop so couldn't say

OnBoost!
18-04-2013, 12:48 AM
Well I got it back,it seems to be as good as new,except for: It looks like they didn't paint the part where it says "Legnum",and my mobile phone holder was smashed off(good thing I have a spare),and I seem too have gained an ant infestation!!