PDA

View Full Version : Is this the end?

Dragontan
29-03-2013, 11:01 AM
Bad start to my Easter break. Traffic south was SLowed to a crawl from Manakau to Ngatea. Car overheated when small water pipe burst. Both water and engine oil evaporated. Replaced both and car was running again albeit misfiring. Temperature gauge on the rise After a while due to another leaky hose so went to repair that but damned car now won't turn over. Engine poked?

Subaru ETA
29-03-2013, 11:10 AM
Doesn't sound brilliant that's for sure

Davezj
29-03-2013, 01:40 PM
did the second hose spiltting cover the engine electrics in coolant, might just need drying off, this would be the best outcome.

Dragontan
29-03-2013, 07:19 PM
May have accidentally loosened a connection somewhere. Too many possibilities to consider. So decided to get it transported back to my mechanic back in Auckland who over the phone thinks the engine is seized. Hope not as this car has been the most fun to drive.

Oggie
29-03-2013, 08:43 PM
May have accidentally loosened a connection somewhere. Too many possibilities to consider. So decided to get it transported back to my mechanic back in Auckland who over the phone thinks the engine is seized. Hope not as this car has been the most fun to drive.

if the engine turns over and don't wanna start,, it aint locked up.

here is a awesome example of a car with a "dead" engine in this vid...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ThG_keOLEE

in anycase. good luck with ya beast

Subaru ETA
29-03-2013, 09:53 PM
As per first post it doesn't turn over :s

Oggie
30-03-2013, 12:57 AM
As per first post it doesn't turn over :s

okies my bad.

Dragontan
30-03-2013, 01:09 AM
Thanks for your input....will post the prognosis once the mechanic sees it

Dragontan
05-04-2013, 12:37 AM
As I feared...engine is had it, so feeling a bit down today. Not sure if its worth fixing, anyone had experience at engine rebuilds or replacements? Maybe recommend some outfit in Auckland that does it at reasonable cost? Any back yard mechanics in the club?