PDA

View Full Version : Hitting fuel cut at 0.8 - 0.9 bar even with air flwo meter mod

disco-ian
31-03-2013, 04:19 PM
Ok so fitted a manual boost controller and started to play a little. I do need to replace my injector seals as they are leaking boost a little but hey its a long weekend and I need to keep myself busy.

So car is stock (PFL) apart from Wide band for monitoring fuelling and LPG conversion however all tested have been done of Petrol (v-power) today. OK should also say yes its cold today so air is denser.

So turned the boost up a little and hit fuel cut at about 0.7 - 0.8 bar. (AFR's still 11.5 to 12.5 on WOT)

Decided to do the air flow meter mod, so wound out the screw so it is flush with the body of the air flow meter.

Went out again. Now getting cut at 0.8 - 0.9 bar (Still good WOT ARF's - well they didn't change in honesty)

I would love to run 1 bar. Should I install a fuel cut defended, if so is there a specific type (I'm sure I read somewhere that some are not compatible with Mitsi's??

I have a standard CAT that I have knocked the middle out of which I will be installing soon and will also be fitting a K&N panel filter as soon as I order it.

Any ideas. I have read on here that people a running 1 bar or just over without ECU mods or fuel cut defenders??

adaxo
31-03-2013, 05:32 PM
What you use to measure boost?

disco-ian
31-03-2013, 05:45 PM
Mechanical boost gauge with is t pieced into the manifold pressure line to my lpg map sensor. This has its own take off on the rear of the plenum next to the take off for the recirc valve.

I have another gauge that I might plumb in tomorrow just to check the reading

Im also considering putting the air flow metee back to stock as I read somewhere on here a little while ago that it is a bad idea to do it?

Sent from my Galaxy sIII

Ian

adaxo
31-03-2013, 06:02 PM
So this should read quite accurately, was asking cos I had similar issue which happen to be wrong read from my EBC, was reading 0.75 which actually was well above 1 bar an I hit fuel cut then.