PDA

View Full Version : strange indicator behaviour

c0xxy
31-03-2013, 11:15 PM
heya peeps,

took my car thru the car was earlier, full jobby with under chassis wash to get rid of the salt.
when i turned ignition to 1st click, turned immobiliser off, the left indicator came on solid, all 3 bulbs plus dash.
turned ignition on, stayed on, turned off and was fine.
when i went to go out again later, de-armed alarm, indicator stayed on, rearmed and it went off again. and fine
then when i've got back home just, armed the alarm and its stayed on again until i've disarmed it again.

its never done this prior to washing the car earlier but only does it when alarm is touched.

any one had a similar problem?
or any one able to shed some light on where to start testing things?

thanks in advance
ash

BubbaLeggyVR4
02-04-2013, 12:00 AM
Strange ?!?!
Had an issue with my alarm where the left indicator didnt flash when arming/disarming alarm.
Sorted itself out, not sure how, but now it will lock but wont unlock doors :-/
Try checking the connections on the alarm under the bonnet first or worse its under the dash behind fuse box on drivers side for other connections, thats where mine connects.
Which alarm do u have? Mines Autowatch
And u shouldnt really take these cars in a car wash lol
Hope this helps

WOODY72
02-04-2013, 07:39 AM
I would suspect the underbody wash has got water in somewhere it shouldn't. :oops: Maybe a liberal squirt round with WD40 may sort it out, or it might dry on it's own? :undecided

c0xxy
03-04-2013, 12:23 PM
seems to have resolved, thanks for the input!
lol, yeah, mines autowatch too!
and as for carwash, its lucky if i wash the thing by hand at all. usually rope a mate in or take it to a handwash
cheers
ash