PDA

View Full Version : To roll or not to roll?

I-S
25-01-2005, 04:41 PM
The membership application form says that the membership is on fixed term to october, whereas elsewhere it says that the membership is now on a rolling basis with renewal 1yr after joining. If it is on rolling basis, I'm interested, otherwise will wait until oct.

Legnum Boy
25-01-2005, 05:04 PM
Im sure that was last october, its a rolling 12 months now, I am 99 % sure. :D

nick-f1
25-01-2005, 05:38 PM
I think it is too, but a pm to Andy ( The Vee) will find out

Nick Mann
25-01-2005, 06:14 PM
It IS now a rolling 12 months. Works the same as your tax disc (without the 6 month option)!!

HJM
25-01-2005, 07:24 PM
The membership application form says that the membership is on fixed term to october, whereas elsewhere it says that the membership is now on a rolling basis with renewal 1yr after joining. If it is on rolling basis, I'm interested, otherwise will wait until oct.

Another thrifty owner :rolleyes5

Even if it had have been an October renewal (still 9 + months membership) - £20 is not exactly life changing - joining CVR4 can be :) :-b

Vector
25-01-2005, 07:40 PM
don't know what all the fuss is about
20 quid ? sheeesh i lost more than that in the washing machine ... :laugh: ..not a member .. :lipsrseal .. yet , but working on it and 90% of my info comes from you guys ...hell i'd donate 20 quid just for the help so far :-D
but i'm tight so i won't ...i'll just join instead.... :-b

thumbs up CVR-4 :thumbsup:
-V-

ritch_w
25-01-2005, 07:56 PM
£20 is not exactly life changing

but it would get a VR4 to shops and back - maybe!!! ;)

only joking - £20 well spent BTW

I-S
25-01-2005, 08:03 PM
HJM - I just bought a house, have a huge mortgage, live on my own (no second income), and on a 22yo's salary... of course I'm thrifty!

HJM
25-01-2005, 08:07 PM
Just tuning my violin !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ritch_w
25-01-2005, 08:10 PM
HJM - I just bought a house, have a huge mortgage, live on my own (no second income), and on a 22yo's salary... of course I'm thrifty!

wait til u get married and have kids etc :dozey: then u'll know all about financial hardship - and thats just keeping the wife in shoes!!! :D

I-S
25-01-2005, 08:14 PM
wait til u get married

There are laws against that.

and have kids etc :

And certain physiological problems with that.

Count your blessings though....

I-S
25-01-2005, 09:09 PM
Right, all done on my part....

Kieran
25-01-2005, 09:21 PM

Ditto here Issac.... Ok, I've a partner, but she's studying for (another) degree, and we're both in the 20-25 bracket. We're also getting married to and so we're trying to find cash for the wedding! So we're thrifty too! ;) ;) Hence our £20 membership is paid!!!

Why?! Well, when I'd just bought my beloved GLS, I was very concerned about breaking it, and entrusted everything to my dealer.... As you probably know, that meant I spent £900 in one service once - And if I knew then what I know now, I could've done half the work myself!!! :rolleyes5 :rolleyes5 :scared1:

Since I found the club, and it's excellent members, I've recouped the £20 in terms of not handing it to my dealer, many, many times over. Enough so that I could afford to get a V6 Sport and still afford to keep it in good order.

Maybe we need a new motto....

"Club VR-4.... The cheapass way to run a car you know you shoudn't really!" :-D :$

By the way - Thanks for joining Issac. I read your posts with interest and it will be good to have another GLS member to post articles and stuff!:)

Kieran

KiwiTT
25-01-2005, 09:47 PM
Try to think of the 20 quid as a investment in knowledge. What you find here will save you that and more. The knowledge will avoid unncessary expenditure, access to discounts to save more.

Best of all you join a "select" crowd, nearly 100 full members out of a 1500 registered.

I-S
25-01-2005, 10:00 PM
I'd come around to that way of thinking, mainly over the ATF thing. If I can give a little back by organising the group buy, it's a start.

Currently considering some sort of additional income (tutoring school kids in the evenings or something, or bar work or who knows what...) though.

Big Ian
25-01-2005, 10:02 PM
on my first purchase through 1 of our "FULL MEMBER's ONLY" discount'd suppliers i saved myself £35 quid :D £20 quid well spent mate,you'll save £££ on the long run? ;)

The Vee
26-01-2005, 02:28 AM
By the way, YES it is a rolling membership :-D :-D :rolleyes5

valmes
26-01-2005, 03:48 AM
Why don't you accept credit cards?
And if somebody beside Spirit can PM me additional info - I need it right now, in order to make a bank transfer.

KiwiTT
26-01-2005, 05:40 AM
Can also use paypal. [see here (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6093&highlight=paypal)

valmes
26-01-2005, 07:27 AM
If I could pay via paypal, I woul've become a member a long time ago... but paypal doesn't register people from Russia. :sad3:

I can pay with VISA, but for that you must have a "PaypalMerchant account" and a link to some place where I can enter my credit card info. :dozey:

I can pay with bank transfer, but local banks require full info, not only IBAN and SWIFT. (So I am waiting for reply from Spirit).

I can pay with Western Union, but I would also need additional info on whom to pay to...

Spirit
26-01-2005, 10:45 PM
I have replied now Valmes, I have been away for a couple of days.

The only way of currently paying with a credit card is via a Paypal account - we have no plans to introduce other methods of payment at this time.

So to recap - here's how you can pay (in order of preference !)

1: Paypal (instant clearance and membership activation)
2: Cash (via recorded post please - again instant clearance)
3: Postal Order (payable to Club VR4 - again instant clearance)
4: Cheque (post delay and cheque clearance delays - the last resort !)

I can also do bank transfers to me personally - PM me if you need the IBAN and SWIFT codes for foreign payments,

Please also remember it's your responsibilty to send sterling and pay for any costs involved to convert the currency your end

Pete