PDA

View Full Version : New vr4 owner in need of some help

Mick_6a13tt
09-04-2013, 01:38 PM
Hi all, I've just purchased my first Mitsubishi, a 96 galant VR4 so far I'm loving it!, I do need some help. Before everyone jumps on me I did search google and really couldn't find exactly what I was looking for, so here goes 1. I want to install another CD player the one in it has packed it in (an aftermarket jvc) so it's been changed at some point obviously but for the life of me I can't figure out how to get the trim off to get to it so I can get it out, I'm sure it's been covered before if someone could post a link to a older thread covering trim removal/stereo install would be greatly appreciated, 2. The climate control, The buttons are in Japanese is there a page with english translations? does anyone know do they make an English sticker pack that you can put over the buttons? I only ask that because I had a Soarer and it had English stickers over the Japanese writing, again it's more than likely something that's been covered but I can't find the right info. A link or translation would be great, thanks heaps in advance guys!

Nick Mann
09-04-2013, 03:20 PM
The gear lever surround needs popping up at the lever end to slide away from the ashtray. A screwdriver plus soft cloth will do that. Then the whole centre trim comes off in one piece - pulling from the ash tray hole can help, as can opening the glovebox and pushing on the back of the assembly.

It sounds like you have MMCS controlling your climate. Try search variations including that and you should come up with some info, but I'm not sure if your problem has an easy "sticker" solution.