PDA

View Full Version : FS Boys Toys

Gingerfish
10-04-2013, 11:44 AM
Due to my car needing some TLC, I've decided to sell a few toys I have stored in my 'Man-Cave' (shed).

First up:

Wheel Arch Roller tool with spare roller wheel -- SOLD

Bought new and only used once (on my Legnum). I bought it as I overestimated the offset clearance of my wheels when I added an 8-pot kit and arches where rubbing.
Worked a treat, but can be a little tricky to get the hang of.

These can be bought new for up to £140 and the spare wheel is another £15.

£SOLD
I can post abroad, but I'll have to add a little extra for postage and you may be subject to import duty.

61366 61367
61368 61369

Next up:

Bought this when I used to work on a Golf Course but as I no longer have nowhere to use it, it seems a shame for it to gather dust.

These cost up to £450 new for the rifle, £40 for the scope and another £35 for the case.

£175 posted, but obviously I'd rather it be collected
(With this I cannot post abroad)

Air Arms TX200 rifle
Silver antler scope
Bisley wool-lined, canvas gun case with adjustable strap

61370 61371
61372 61373

I can be contacted by PM

Gingerfish
12-04-2013, 04:58 PM
bump!

For any members interested in the wheel arch roller, I shall leave it here until the end of next week. After that I'll be posting it up on ebay.

Thanks.

Davezj
12-04-2013, 06:03 PM
the arch roller is great value, i have one, and it works a treat, you just have to pursiver with it, the way the suspension is set up with the double wishbone and hub carrier arangement does not give you a clean sweep from front of the arch to the rear, but i can be done.

why doesn't some buy the arch roller then when they have done with it sell it on for the same price you pay for it, then the next person can sell it on when they have done with it, more like a continuos rental.
if i did not have one already i would snap it up.

richy rich
12-04-2013, 06:51 PM
the arch roller is great value, i have one, and it works a treat, you just have to pursiver with it, the way the suspension is set up with the double wishbone and hub carrier arangement does not give you a clean sweep from front of the arch to the rear, but i can be done.

why doesn't some buy the arch roller then when they have done with it sell it on for the same price you pay for it, then the next person can sell it on when they have done with it, more like a continuos rental.
if i did not have one already i would snap it up.

As im hopping to lower mine this year there is the possibility ill need my sorted out, someone like Mr Mann could buy it and offer it as a service hint hint Nick.

Davezj
12-04-2013, 09:33 PM
the is a very good point Rich. Nick Mann would you interested in this. it is a good price.

and i don't mean the gun for chasing down none payers of you services.
arch rolling is a relatively simple job it just takes a bit of time and with the correct heat (paint stripper heat gun) and gentle rolling you can avoid paint cracking and flaking.
i have done a few cars and it is all about taking your time.

Nick Mann
12-04-2013, 09:35 PM
Heh!

I don't want to be hurting peoples bodywork, thanks! Good try though! ;)

If I was going to start doing stuff like that the first thing I'd buy would be a dink puller thingymajig.

Gingerfish
14-04-2013, 01:05 PM
it is all about taking your time.

It took me about 4 hrs to do both rear arches as I'm just a novice. Unfortunately, I think that the heat gun I was using wasn't hot enough as I still ended up with a bit of paint cracking.

Davezj
14-04-2013, 05:26 PM
but one of the things people tend to forget is to ensure the inside lip of the arch is completely clean before you start , you do not want to trap dirt or small stones between the two layers of metal
yes the arches have to be very, very hot before you start the need to be so hot that you will burn yourself if you touch them.
plus it is always good to have some correct colour paint or stone chip stuff to spary on the inside of the arches once you have finished just to seal any flaked bits.

Gingerfish
16-04-2013, 10:46 AM
Done a bit of digging and found that these air rifles are selling second hand without the case for upwards of £260.

Bump.

RussBird82
16-04-2013, 12:27 PM
May be worth trying the air rifle on Gunstar.co.UK,mine's the same only it s a walnut stock. Nice air rifle.

Twpsin
19-04-2013, 08:52 AM
Check you PM

I will take the wheel arch roller

Gingerfish
19-04-2013, 01:30 PM
And replied.

Gingerfish
22-04-2013, 03:11 PM
Bump.

Erni902
22-04-2013, 03:44 PM
Just sent my mate a text with ref to the air rifle, he's into all this kinda stuff and has several friends he goes shooting with etc. If he finds anyone interested Ill let you know matey :)

Gingerfish
24-04-2013, 05:46 PM
Just sent my mate a text with ref to the air rifle, he's into all this kinda stuff and has several friends he goes shooting with etc. If he finds anyone interested Ill let you know matey :)

Cheers for that Rikki :thumbsup:

Wheel arch roller is sold.

Gingerfish
01-05-2013, 04:25 PM
Any offers on the remaining item?