PDA

View Full Version : Vinyl Car Wrapping vs Repaint

Maluric
17-04-2013, 04:09 AM
Hey all.

As my car was poorly hand spray painted matte black by the previous owner, I am thinking about getting either repainting or getting it fully vinyl wrapped. Was just wondering if anyone would know anything about the likely cost for both of these and any places they can recommend :Mr-T:

cheers

Oggie
19-04-2013, 11:04 PM
to do a legnum is about 2g and it lasts 3-5 years from what I understand.
how ever a paint job will be about 3k not including door jams. about 4k inc door jams from the quotes I been given.

awkgah
20-04-2013, 12:08 AM
If i had to make a decision on it, it will have to be wrap. it would be a fortune for little return to get it resprayed if you want to do it properly. trims off lights off door handles, wing mirrors sprayed seperately keeps on adding to the cost and my personal opinion is its not worth it.

hardarse
21-04-2013, 09:17 AM
hi with vinyl it is prone for the edges to lift and if you get a proper spray job you would not tell it has been repainted but for selling your car at some point you will never get that money back for either.

HMG1K
21-04-2013, 03:17 PM
In the UK if you vinyl wrap, you can change the colour of your car without having to inform or declare it to the DVLA government agency, a respray to a different colour you do. I know you want to keep the same colour, but just saying in case you want to look into similar in New Zealand.

Oggie
24-04-2013, 09:01 AM
there is one other option...

if I was gonna change the colour on my car it would be plastidip. imo this isa far better option than wrapping a car or a repaint. if you screw up the plasti dip you just peel it off and do it again.

in anycase...

https://www.dipyourcar.com/

just look for youtube vids and you will see why I suggest it.

hope you manage to figure out what suits your needs the best