PDA

View Full Version : ECU reset on autobox

Z-Kev
17-04-2013, 05:18 PM
Hi
I had to do a bit of work on the car and disconnected the battery, didnt realise that it would reset the autobox, then when I connected it back up and first started driving round got some godawful gearchanges, read up on it and realised about the reset, what I am after though is when will the box fully settle down, I am up to 140 miles now and there are still times when the change isnt what it was, not sliping exactly but a sort of hesitation ( seems like the box is thinking about it ) then it goes into gear , mainly on upshift from 2nd to third, am going to do a box flush soon and will reset it again but the relearn is pants.

Wobble
17-04-2013, 05:26 PM
around 300 miles will re teach the ecu after battery has been disconnected

Z-Kev
17-04-2013, 05:31 PM
thx wobble, it makes me so look forward to having to disconnect the battery, is there any way of feeding a seperate 12 volt feed to the autobox ecu so this doeant happen?

Nick Mann
17-04-2013, 05:36 PM
With fresh sp3 compliant atf it will hopefully learn much more quickly. Low mileage well serviced cars change perfectly from the start with an ecu reset.

Z-Kev
17-04-2013, 05:38 PM
its done 77k miles, am going to do a gearbox flush next week on it as the box oil isnt the cleanest.