PDA

View Full Version : need help fitting a bov

Shukar
26-04-2013, 12:06 AM
I am a new owner of Galant Vr4 and I would like to fit a blow off valve , I don`t have one yet I am thinking this days which one to buy ,
what I need from you guys to tell me where is the place to fit the bov ... some pictures will help me a lot
Thanks ;) Alex

P.S. I was looking all day on the forum and I didn`t found the info or some pictures where to fit it

Wobble
26-04-2013, 12:15 AM
standard bov is behind front bumper on the right as you look at the car .

get under the bumper and have a look.

will try and find a how to guide now for you

Wobble
26-04-2013, 12:21 AM
ta da , link below

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?22446-Replacing-the-std-Blow-Off-Valve-(BOV)&highlight=dump%20valve

Shukar
26-04-2013, 12:36 AM
Thanks a lot Dave ;) I was on the forum in the last few hours I couldn`t find it

ta da , link below

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?22446-Replacing-the-std-Blow-Off-Valve-(BOV)&highlight=dump%20valve

Shukar
26-04-2013, 12:57 AM
the one in the article is the Recirculating type , if I will fit a sard r2d2 or a HSQ SQV will be ok in replacing the standard one ? the same place ?

Nick Mann
26-04-2013, 08:03 AM
Yes, the same place. You will need to blank the pipe for the recirculating bit if you install a vent to atmosphere type.

Pugme
26-04-2013, 08:31 AM
Just a quickie, what size blank is required, iv got to strip my front end down in a week or so and I left the oem bov on as a blank haha

Nick Mann
26-04-2013, 01:31 PM
I've used a plumbing bit in the past. I think it was a 1 1/2" solvent weld stop end.

Nick Mann
29-04-2013, 02:21 PM
Nope, wrong, sorry. It was a 1 1/4" push fit stop end.

Like this:
http://www.diy.com/nav/fix/plumbing/plumbing-supplies/pipe_fittings/-specificproducttype-end_caps__plugs___stop_ends/FloPlast-Push-Fit-Socket-Plug-32mm-12389311

galantnight
29-04-2013, 04:47 PM
Hi Alex you can fit one that does both VTA and Recirculate like my one.6187461875

It's made by FORGE

Shukar
29-04-2013, 06:44 PM
thanks for advice john , I want to VTA one so I found a HKS SSQV IV :D I hope that will be ok to fit it

galantnight
29-04-2013, 08:18 PM
Alex just make sure its a real one you get and not fake they are not cheap new so if to cheap be careful ok.

gr fto reborn
01-05-2013, 05:49 PM
What about possible stalling issues. My vr4 powered fto stalls with a Vta. Which is why I'm now putting a recirc in.

Niran
05-07-2013, 03:58 AM
Sorry to hi-jack the thread, but it is kind of related ;)

I am trying to find out how to fit the HKS SSQV BOV on the vr4, but I need to know which connecting kit to buy? They sell a universal model, but say welding is required!? What is the diameter of hose that it plugs into (Cant seem to find this on here)? Also i can get a 32mm blanking plug to block off the re-circ pipe from Scarles (NZ). Will this fit ok?

Thanks guys.

Subaru ETA
05-07-2013, 04:19 AM
What about possible stalling issues. My vr4 powered fto stalls with a Vta. Which is why I'm now putting a recirc in.

When I fitted mine I disconnected the battery to relearn the ECU and it seemed to solve the stalling issue

wintertidenz
05-07-2013, 11:09 AM
It plugs into a 32mm diameter hose - so get the hose fitting adapter and no welding is needed.

They refer to the kits that go directly onto the hard pipes and hence need welding.

Niran
06-07-2013, 09:33 AM
It plugs into a 32mm diameter hose - so get the hose fitting adapter and no welding is needed.

They refer to the kits that go directly onto the hard pipes and hence need welding.

Awesome thanks man! I bought a Subaru kit one, has a 32mm adapter so should fit perfect with a clip aye?

wintertidenz
06-07-2013, 10:53 AM
Make sure that the BOV doesn't have a bolt on adaptor. Did they have a kit for a Mitsubishi?

Niran
07-07-2013, 12:29 AM
Make sure that the BOV doesn't have a bolt on adaptor. Did they have a kit for a Mitsubishi?

I got it off trademe for 2 hundy. The mitsi one is 400 bucks. I think it is an adapter. Well the kit is for a Subaru, so the adapter fitting fits onto the flange of the BOV, and the adapter happens to be 32mm. Should be all good?

purple_guana
29-08-2013, 04:38 AM
Sorry to hi-jack the thread, but it is kind of related ;)

I am trying to find out how to fit the HKS SSQV BOV on the vr4, but I need to know which connecting kit to buy? They sell a universal model, but say welding is required!? What is the diameter of hose that it plugs into (Cant seem to find this on here)? Also i can get a 32mm blanking plug to block off the re-circ pipe from Scarles (NZ). Will this fit ok?

Thanks guys.just let you's know the universal ones are the fake ones. i did some googling and research into this after i recieved it. there are a few distinguishing differences. with universal ones, it should have came with a 32mm connection bit included for the inlet.

it gave no stalling issues when i tried it after blocking the recirc pipe.

purple_guana
29-08-2013, 04:45 AM
What about possible stalling issues. My vr4 powered fto stalls with a Vta. Which is why I'm now putting a recirc in.the HKS SSQV is different from normal VTA BOV in that it's a pull system vs push. Had no stalling issues at all with the HKS but any other standard VTA i had to fiddle and adjust the spring tension so the rev will not drop to near zero and stall which i must say is very dangerous.