PDA

View Full Version : i hate to complain... but..

BraindG
14-07-2003, 06:32 PM
its to bloody hot!.. left car at tescos while shopping, came back, and temp gauge was 44 degrees.. after wind chill from driving home, it levelled out at 32.. i cant cope in this heat..

im assuming rest of UK is just as hot...

EdmundVR4
14-07-2003, 08:15 PM
Thats what it's like in Trinidad........ all year round !
During the daylight hours I can feel the ECU retarding the ignition at WOT in the higher gears. Car works better at night...more boost and no ignition retard. INSERT INTO post VALUES (22*-28*C at night)

Spirit
14-07-2003, 10:23 PM
Thermometer in work said 32c today aswell - we have no air con and cannot open windows much so gets unbearable

Brind
14-07-2003, 10:30 PM
I second that, it's bloody hot down here too.:sweat:
Can't say I'm a great fan of the heat either but I love the long bright days though, can't stand the grotty winter months where you go to work when it's dark and then come home when it's dark.

My sister is moving into my nans house and my nan is moving into a big extension on the back, I'm lumbered being the labourer for the brick layer, can't say I'm best pleased as I'm geting nowt for doing it! the things you do for family! pah!!
Cut a long story short... it is bloody hot moving concrete blocks and mixing up the cement! :io:
Not too worry... only another 5 weeks left..:Cry1: at least near the end I won't being doing the no brainer crap.

BraindG
14-07-2003, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by spirit979
Thermometer in work said 32c today aswell - we have no air con and cannot open windows much so gets unbearable

pity theres no legal max temp that people should bear before getting sent home.. i know theres a min temp.. but i dont believe they ever introduced the max temp :INSERT INTO post VALUES (

Spirit
14-07-2003, 10:44 PM
Nope there is no max temp mate:mad:

Guess we would all be off to the beach to often lol

BraindG
14-07-2003, 10:56 PM
wouldnt that be nice :D

SGHOM
15-07-2003, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by BraindG
pity theres no legal max temp that people should bear before getting sent home.. i know theres a min temp.. but i dont believe they ever introduced the max temp :INSERT INTO post VALUES ( rewiring a factory in sheffield at the mo. upstairs with perspex roof & no ventilation ! thermometer reached 125 f !!! no way am I working in that !! left at 1.30 , & went to pub !! oh! the joys of being self employed ! left the lads on site, SOD EM !!!

Nick VR4
15-07-2003, 01:05 PM
Us Brits are never happy :rolleyes:
Moan when its cold moan when its hot ;)

Yeap and it feels hotter today as there is hardly any breeze

Went up the pub yesterday early evening nice pub its on a lake

Might go and wash the car soon
Cant be bothered sitting in my spare room typing
I hate sitting indoors when the weather is this nice

Spirit
15-07-2003, 05:37 PM
Another hell day at the office, left bang on 5pm which is unusual for me but tough ! Could not bear another minute ! They have given thunder storms tonight so hope that clears the air a little

Petrolhead
15-07-2003, 05:51 PM
It's even hot up here in Scotland!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Spent the day watching my kids in their bouncy-castle with attached paddling pool. Oh the hardship of getting occasionally sprayed by water from their super-soakers ;)

BraindG
15-07-2003, 07:01 PM
36C today.. after wind chill from car.. :Cry1:

wish i had a pool now

Spirit
18-07-2003, 08:00 AM
Been bloody raining for two days now !

INSERT INTO post VALUES (Never happy are we) :D :D :D :D

BraindG
18-07-2003, 08:04 AM
ehhee.. but atleast its cooler!!

Ultra VR-4
20-07-2003, 10:03 PM
ever thought of getting your car tinted?
just got mine tinted over the weekend... 35% UV:cool1:

Wintergalant
21-07-2003, 10:06 AM
Come over to my side of the pond in USA East coast temps in my hometown last week were 95f with humidity index of 110f you talking about hot :Cry1: