PDA

View Full Version : Clutch pedal, faster return?

Kryton
06-05-2013, 12:00 AM
Is there any way of making the clutch more springy / faster return? If so, how & what parts are needed? I know that the biting point can be adjusted with a 12mm spanner but i'm happy with how it sits, just needs to respond faster. Its a new clutch & been bled out so not spongy or anything just seems to take longer to return the last 10th of its travel than the rest of the pedals journey upon release.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated :)

lathiat
06-05-2013, 02:09 AM
The clutch return is all done by the clutch itself and the hydrualic pressure, it doesn't have a return spring or anything.

Only suggestion I have is to check you don't have any piping fouling the clutch fork/slave cylinder.. had an issue on my evo with it fouling a radiator? pipe near the end of the return.

Nick Mann
06-05-2013, 08:00 AM
Was it vacuum bled?
Also check that there is a bolt holding the top of the pedal box, it fits vertically upwards at the top.

Anderz
06-05-2013, 11:11 AM
You could try bypassing the clutch fluid damper. Have not tried myself how it affects but guess the clutch will be faster
It is the square part before the slave cylinder

Adam.Findlay
06-05-2013, 11:33 AM
You could try bypassing the clutch fluid damper. Have not tried myself how it affects but guess the clutch will be faster
It is the square part before the slave cylinder

yes can just get the clutch line off an evo 4-9 (same gearbox but without the clutch damper) if you dont want to go bending your stock line

Kryton
06-05-2013, 04:06 PM
Cool cheers peeps. I will do some investigating as got a few evo 6 clutch bits kicking around already

NLduffyNL
13-05-2013, 07:05 PM
I had clutch problems since the beginning that i had the car, twice replaced the damper (the inner plate broke), then i left it out and still had problems with it.

The last time one of the hoses cracked while i was in line waiting for dragracing, we went to the local car shop and fixed some parts together and made a little (bad looking but temporary working) solution for the next day dragracing and driving home.

When i was home i went to my local car tuning shop, they assably Hell hoses. and made one custom for me for i think it was 35euro.

got it fitted and works great!! Got it about 1,5year now without any problems at all :)

Broke plate in damper:

And my new Hell clutch hose with on top the old (bad looking but working temporary) solution

Kryton
13-06-2013, 05:16 PM
Right, I have officially carried out every single one of these suggestions but only after bleeding it again. The clutch bleed improved it to a standard that solved the problem & I was happy with but thought whilst someone was messing around, may as well do all the other bits at the same time & big improvements noticed. Thanks for the suggestions everyone :)