PDA

View Full Version : Cusco ARBs owners

adaxo
11-05-2013, 10:43 PM
Can anyone point me in the right direction where to get from poly bushes for Cusco ARB's?

swinks
11-05-2013, 11:00 PM
RHD Japan

Nick Mann
12-05-2013, 07:45 AM
You could try coordsport, they sell cusco stuff.

Davezj
12-05-2013, 09:07 AM
What are the sizes of the Cusco ARB's (diameter), I know the Selby ones were very think.
You can get universal bushes from energysuspensionparts.com over in the USA.
I have some from the standard roll bars, just not fitted them yet.
Might pop round during the week and (cough, cough) borrow the ramp so I can fit them. All in the interest of see weather they are the right part for you of course.
The rears should be fine, but I am not sure about the fronts, just because of the odd way the rollbar mounts to the chassis.

There is a guy on eBay selling 24mm roll bar bushes which he says are standard fitment for a legnum vr4,I have messages him and told him they are not correct for a front roll bar on vr4 it is 20mm but will not listen, and change his add.
Standard roll bars are 20mm front and 22mm rear.

adaxo
12-05-2013, 09:27 AM
There is spec of Cusco ARB

Brand: CUSCO
Product: Sway Bar - Front Mitsubishi Legnum EC5W
Part Num: 535 311 A22
Mitsubishi Legnum EC5W
Outer Diameter:
- Standard: 20
- Cusco: 22
Adjustable Type: no
Ratio with Standard:
- 1st Stage: 140%
- 2nd Stage: -
- 3rd Stage: -
Note: OEM bushing.
Mounting time: 0.5 Hours

Brand: CUSCO
Product: Sway Bar - Rear Mitsubishi Legnum
Part Num: 535 311 B24 (EC3W,EC5W)
Mitsubishi Legnum EC5W
Outer Diameter:
- Standard: 22
- Cusco: 24
Adjustable Type: No
Ratio with Standard:
- 1st Stage: 140%
- 2nd Stage: -
- 3rd Stage: -
Note: bushing included.
Mounting time: 0.5 Hours

I travelling through web all morning and struggling to find exact fitments so probably universal fitments from http://www.energysuspensionparts.com/Universal-Sway-Bar-Bushings.asp will need to be ordered, but to chose right ones I need to stick car on ramp.
Davezj that's ok if you could pop in, this will deffo help to see what's fit from energysusp, could you come Mon or Tue?

Gly
13-05-2013, 04:19 AM
i posted a thread a while back for the rears, havent had time to look for the correct fronts

Gly
13-05-2013, 10:09 AM
now that im home and have time to search http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?61439-Front-amp-Rear-Sway-Bar-(anti-roll-bar)-bushing-alternatives&highlight=bushes

adaxo
13-05-2013, 11:01 AM
now that im home and have time to search http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?61439-Front-amp-Rear-Sway-Bar-(anti-roll-bar)-bushing-alternatives&highlight=bushes

/GJ /thankyou

Will update this as soon as i measure, order and fit on mine.

Gly
13-05-2013, 11:26 AM
i was also under the impression that cusco do not supply a larger bush for the fronts, and say to just re-use the stock item,
but hey if your replacing them why not buy the correct size?

adaxo
13-05-2013, 11:41 AM
That was what I use, standard ones till now, but I'm trying to change them for poly bushes to (hopefully) get better feed back, especially at the rear.

Davezj
13-05-2013, 01:31 PM
i can pop in tomorrow after work adam, i have to work a bit later tonight to make up some time i had off.

i will put the bushes in the car and be round for about 4pm if that is ok then we can see if the front can be made to fit.

the front polly bushes i have are much smaller external size so i would have to invert the cage that comes with the bushing and put it under the ARB and fit that to the car so the arch of the cage goes up into the space the original bushing used, then fit the new bushing round the ARB and secure that in place with the original bushing cover over that and see if that works.
it might do.

adaxo
13-05-2013, 01:35 PM
Yes that's fine Dave, I will stay tomorrow to late anyway, see you.