PDA

View Full Version : Help! anyone got spare vr4 wheels?

i3ooyah
28-01-2005, 02:20 AM
that i could buy or even better borrow for a day? in the akld area

thanks

AllBeItMine
28-01-2005, 02:40 AM
you sold your mags?

i could swap wheels with you for a day or two if you still have them...

i3ooyah
28-01-2005, 02:48 AM
no, i decided to keep them since the 19's wouldnt fit

have a vibration problem after having them machined so im jus wandering if there my rims or maybe the driveshaft

p1_
28-01-2005, 03:34 AM

have a vibration problem after having them machined so im jus wandering if there my rims or maybe the driveshaft

Have a look at http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Car-parts/Mitsubishi/Exterior/auction-21544190.htm or I might be looking to sell mine.

Stock rims but have new Bridgstone Turanzas on all round. Looking for $600 or so.

Laters

KiwiTT
28-01-2005, 03:40 AM

Did you try 19" :rolleyes5

18" was already decided to be costly on tires, 19" would be more.

Did you try the tyre calculator (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3031)

i3ooyah
28-01-2005, 03:45 AM
thanks p1 i wish that guy left a ph number but i guess i'll register

yes i did fit 19x8's and being my car is so low it wouldnt turn properly & waz rubbing at the rear with my sound install in, i could roll the guards out abit more to fix the problem but i'll just stay happy with the ones i got atm

AllBeItMine
28-01-2005, 04:21 AM

how bad is the vibration? could be brake rotors?

i3ooyah
28-01-2005, 05:06 AM
it only vibrates on acceleration, i think i'll jus take it to mitsi on monday. afta the nats

i'll be happy if it was the breaks, give me a reason to upgrade

Trow
28-01-2005, 08:12 AM
it only vibrates on acceleration, i think i'll jus take it to mitsi on monday. afta the nats

i'll be happy if it was the breaks, give me a reason to upgrade

could be inner CV's, they are suppose to be a weak point on Legnums and V3000
s I had vobration under load so got them replaced and it's sweet now.... it seemed to get worse when I got new tires to for some reason.

i3ooyah
29-01-2005, 12:44 AM
prolly ur new tyres were harder so you felt it more thru the suspension

im callin them up on monday, i want this fixed b4 the cruise

pezza
29-01-2005, 02:25 AM
Hmmm, pllanting my foot to the floor too I get a rumble bearing type sound..which seems to come from the rear.... I am not sure if this is related to power delivery to the rear wheels ... I heard and felt the same rumble when sat in the back of another legnum VR4 ecently...

If the accelerator is let up the noise disappears.. it only happens under flat out acceleration 1st to 3rd gear ..

I will investigate further....

AllBeItMine
30-01-2005, 12:29 AM
Hmmm, pllanting my foot to the floor too I get a rumble bearing type sound..which seems to come from the rear.... I am not sure if this is related to power delivery to the rear wheels ... I heard and felt the same rumble when sat in the back of another legnum VR4 ecently...

If the accelerator is let up the noise disappears.. it only happens under flat out acceleration 1st to 3rd gear ..

I will investigate further....

thats your wastegates screaming. no seriously. it is.