PDA

View Full Version : legnum's

SGHOM
14-07-2003, 10:06 PM
Hi all ! I'm new to this VR4 lark ! just saw one a couple of months ago , & thought " yeh" that'll do. couple of questions though, am I too old to own a car this fast @ 45 ? and how come, despite all my efforts, no-one has tried to take me on yet ? as for someones question on insurance, I got mine from Osborne & sons. [ got the number somewhere ] for just £530.00 !! also , is it poss to get the sat nav converted to uk ? some say yes, some say no ?? I dunno !:)

Brind
14-07-2003, 10:19 PM
Hello and welcome to the site! :)

Never too old to own one, you take it around a corner at high speed and see how much fun it is, it will make you feel like a kid again!!

I haven't really been pushed into a race either.. alot of others on this site are always having them.
I've shown people who is boss but then there isn't any battle there, although it is obvious they are curious about the car and want to know what it can do.

I'm with Adrian Flux insurance, they don't seem to worry about small mods being done to the car.

I personally wouldn't bother with the sat nav, one: I doubt it is possible and it would probably cost a few quid if it could be done and second: it's probably very basic that you could probably replace it with an after market item which has far better sound quality etc..

Spirit
14-07-2003, 10:28 PM
Hi Interlec and welcome to the site.

As Brind has said you are never too old to have some fun and own one of these babies. My old man is 56 and he drove it when I bought my saloon and scared the sh*t out of himself :D !

Like Brind I am also with Adrian Flux due to the mods I have - was with Direct Line before this.

I will give you a battle if you are desperate but depends where you live ? LOL

Pete

SGHOM
15-07-2003, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by spirit979
Hi Interlec and welcome to the site.

As Brind has said you are never too old to have some fun and own one of these babies. My old man is 56 and he drove it when I bought my saloon and scared the sh*t out of himself :D !

Like Brind I am also with Adrian Flux due to the mods I have - was with Direct Line before this.

I will give you a battle if you are desperate but depends where you live ? LOL

Pete i tried Aidrian flux, & was quoted £902 with £300 excess or £855 with £400 excess ! if anyone has a prob insuring , try Osborne & sons on 020 8388 6000. £530 with only £250 excess ! And only £275 more, if I couldnt prove NCB. luckily found it !
i'm based in sheffield, & off to Dorset last week of August. might have a top box & a dog grid attached to pacify her indoors !! never thought i'd hear her say , she loves the car though ??

pjjohnson
15-07-2003, 09:24 AM
Hello interlec - too old at 45 - no I'm 47 so you are a youngster, and there are some older than me I think. So you are in Sheffield - excellent, I'm near Donny, nice to have someone so close.