PDA

View Full Version : Paint help please primer/basecoat code!!

Louis
15-05-2013, 07:27 PM
Car colour on Vin plate is W75. Galaxy White.
This is a pearl finish. Sparkly!.
Paint shop say it is a 3 stage paint.
I need the code for the primer and the base coat, as they do t come up on his machine.
Any assistance welcome, cheers Louis

Gingerfish
15-05-2013, 07:34 PM
I think I have a similarly structured paint finish to yours. Mine is a Dark Green Pearlescent/Metallic finish.

I ordered my paint from this company and it matches the rest of my bodywork perfectly - http://www.premiumcarpaints.com/

Louis
16-05-2013, 07:59 AM
Ta for reply, the shop doing the spraying mix up the paint on site, using the info on the paint codes, so really the codes that I'm after, but I will ask the company in the link, ta.
Any other info appreciated cheers Louis

Gingerfish
16-05-2013, 09:39 AM
TBH I'm not entirely sure where you could find the extra info you're after. I've had a trawl through the internet and I can't find any seperate codes for the same colour.

I managed to find the description, i.e. Galaxy white W75, W75 Basecoat and W75 Topcoat; but it is all under the same heading with the same code - Galaxy White G75.

The only seperate codes I could find were MZ101845 and AC10875 under the same heading of Galaxy White W75, but I thought these were just manufacturers codes.

I'll have another look later and see if I can come up with anything else.

Louis
16-05-2013, 12:36 PM
Ta very much, I will pass on additional info and see if they can work from that, ta very much, cheers louis