PDA

View Full Version : mods & Insurance

Slimshady
28-01-2005, 11:39 PM
4 x Q for yall –

1) How easy is it to drop the suspension in a V6 (or any Galant/Legnum / VR4 for that matter) and will this have any implications on insurance?

2) If I upgrade the tyres from 15” to 17” how do I adjust the Speedo – and will this affect the insurance?

3) If I install a sports spoiler, will this affect the insurance?

4) If I fit the kick ass body kit I want, surly this will affect the insurance? Y or Y

Slim

Kieran
29-01-2005, 12:29 AM
4 x Q for yall –

1) How easy is it to drop the suspension in a V6 (or any Galant/Legnum / VR4 for that matter) and will this have any implications on insurance?

2) If I upgrade the tyres from 15” to 17” how do I adjust the Speedo – and will this affect the insurance?

3) If I install a sports spoiler, will this affect the insurance?

4) If I fit the kick ass body kit I want, surly this will affect the insurance? Y or Y

Slim

And our survey said....

1. The Galant's suspension is easy enough to work on. There are articles in the members area for doing the front struts and I guess a rear suspension article will appear soon too. It will affect your insurance. Most insurance companies have two categories... Lowered by less than 5cm and lowered by more than that.... Both make a difference, the latter is more expensive.

2. You need to buy tyres with a lower profile to match the 17 inch wheels you buy... So, going from the 195/60 R15 that the V6-24 wears, you could go to 215/45 R17 as with the Galant Sport. No new wheel/tyre size will give you an exact match, the best to aim for is within ~2.5%. Again, this WILL affect your insurance.

3. YES. It cost me about £30 on my premium.

4. YES.

Andyman
30-01-2005, 01:33 PM
well tescos told me yestreday that wheels will cost me 53.55 extra,but a spoiler aswell wont cost me a thing...
lowering is ,acording to them performance inhancing,so that will cost u.
my car is the same as urs ,and i want to do the same as u.But im going 4 mitsy 17" alloys on and trying 2 find a second hand sport spoiler,hopfully lol
Its a con isnt it? If i owned a sport it whould only cost me 35 pounds ,and it has it all there,i the begining lol.
Andy