PDA

View Full Version : Paint

Badger_01
30-05-2013, 09:46 AM
So I have become the paint person at work :D

And I get to mix paints and what not; But today for my first time mixing I made up some paint for my car. A71 is the code for Hamilton Silver and it contains (with the paint that we get/company sends us/companies paint/you get the jist? lol)

Medium Silver
Coarse Aluminium
Metallic Additive
Extra Fine Silver
Deep Black
Bright Blue
Lime

I mixed all of these colours at separate quantities and got it spot on :D

So if anyone in NZ requires some paint for their car I may be able to help you out :) As long as Im allowed to (asking boss, who is my uncle lol)

:)

Badger_01
30-05-2013, 11:06 AM
Lol of course I can help people that need paint, it'll just cost you :P

Davezj
30-05-2013, 01:29 PM
that is interesting, i knew paint recipes were odd but i would never have thought you would put bright blue and lime in to Hamilton silver.

thats my learning do for the day.

Badger_01
30-05-2013, 08:14 PM
Yep I was surprised too. I can look up anybodys colour if they'd like for pure curiosity

wintertidenz
02-06-2013, 08:08 AM
How much would it be for a couple of litres of Sophia White? Paint code W09B.

Also - since you're in the know :P does the white actually need clear coat on top? I was told by a paint place it didn't (which is partly why I don't want to go back to them, I think they're wrong)

Badger_01
02-06-2013, 08:28 AM
I think its about $80-$90 for 1 litre, I'll check on Tuesday and see how much the mix will cost. 2 litres will be a bit much since it takes at the most 800mls thinned down correctly to respray a car lol.

You are right all colours of car paint needs clear coat lol, its what helps protect the paint :)

AncientOfMu
02-06-2013, 06:38 PM
Sophia white and Palma red were both Mitsi colours that were Single stage. i.e. they didnt have clearcoat from the factory I know ive detailed enough VR4's in my time :).

Cheers

Don

Badger_01
04-06-2013, 08:16 AM
Sophia white and Palma red were both Mitsi colours that were Single stage. i.e. they didnt have clearcoat from the factory I know ive detailed enough VR4's in my time :).

Cheers

Don

Yeah but not having clear coat means you'll really have to look after the paint, since down here we get some pretty intense u.v rays its better to have a clear coat for that extra protection.

And I checked at work to its $90 + gst for 1 litre. (Why is everything + gst? Why not just add it in? Lol)

There is also two variants of Sohpia White, or three? Lol there's the normal Sophia white, then a darker variant and a yellower variant

AncientOfMu
04-06-2013, 08:22 AM
Yeah but not having clear coat means you'll really have to look after the paint, since down here we get some pretty intense u.v rays its better to have a clear coat for that extra protection.

However Mitsubishi didnt add it from factory.

There is also two variants of Sohpia White, or three? Lol there's the normal Sophia white, then a darker variant and a yellower variant

Similar with Pyrenees Black, when I had a front bumper resprayed there were about 3 different shades of X08 Pyrenees Black depending on what the batch date of the original Mitsubishi paint was and when the car was manufactured.

Paint is never going to be EXACTLY the same colour as different batches will always have very slightly different pigment content. The best you can hope for is a very close match.

Cheers

Don

Gingerfish
04-06-2013, 11:58 AM

I have the same with the colour for mine. There's a G25 or a G25-B. The B is a slightly darker shade.

Pugme
05-06-2013, 12:22 AM
I have a pearl white coty, could u check and see if there was many variants on that colour please bud as my sideskirts are pretty much a completely different colour to my car, I reckon the body shop have it wrong

Badger_01
05-06-2013, 08:08 AM
The B is a slightly darker shade.

Ah cool cheers for this :thumbsup:

I have a pearl white coty, could u check and see if there was many variants on that colour please bud as my sideskirts are pretty much a completely different colour to my car, I reckon the body shop have it wrong

Yep I'll have a gander tomorrow at work, whats the paint code under the hood?

Gingerfish
05-06-2013, 08:18 AM
Ah cool cheers for this

Mine's Finesse Green!
(just in case I may have accidently confused you with another shade of white, lol).

Badger_01
08-06-2013, 02:59 AM

Need your paint code which is under your bonnet on the firewall

Adam.Findlay
08-06-2013, 05:45 AM
pearl white is w75

Badger_01
08-06-2013, 08:42 AM
pearl white is w75

Comes up as galaxy white lol

Adam.Findlay
08-06-2013, 10:49 AM
Comes up as galaxy white lol

yep thats what its called.
galaxy white is the pearl
sofia white is the flat colour

Pugme
10-06-2013, 08:38 AM
I never knew that either, sorry iv not had time to get the bonnet up.

there any variations or is there just one mix please bud, if u get chance.

Badger_01
10-06-2013, 10:30 AM
Ground Coat

White
Black
Deep Black

Met
White Sparkle Pearl
Metallic Additive
White
Reduced Black
Violet

(Met goes over the ground coat)

Oggie
14-06-2013, 02:49 AM
What about custom colours? my count down to get my car painted is on...

So I have become the paint person at work :D

And I get to mix paints and what not; But today for my first time mixing I made up some paint for my car. A71 is the code for Hamilton Silver and it contains (with the paint that we get/company sends us/companies paint/you get the jist? lol)

Medium Silver
Coarse Aluminium
Metallic Additive
Extra Fine Silver
Deep Black
Bright Blue
Lime

I mixed all of these colours at separate quantities and got it spot on :D

So if anyone in NZ requires some paint for their car I may be able to help you out :) As long as Im allowed to (asking boss, who is my uncle lol)

:)

Badger_01
14-06-2013, 06:45 AM
What about custom colours? my count down to get my car painted is on...

Yep should be able to do custom colours, if there are codes for colours and what not I reckon I'd be able to do it :)

Oggie
18-08-2013, 04:20 AM
Yep should be able to do custom colours, if there are codes for colours and what not I reckon I'd be able to do it :)

An rx8 colour : Black Cherry: 28W

price per litre and will it be a ppg colour?

Badger_01
18-08-2013, 04:50 AM
An rx8 colour : Black Cherry: 28W

price per litre and will it be a ppg colour?

It'll be $103.50 GST inc per litre. And the paint that we have is concept paints

Oggie
18-08-2013, 06:01 AM
It'll be $103.50 GST inc per litre. And the paint that we have is concept paints

that's pretty good, I assume that it is not thinned down?

sexy colour

Badger_01
18-08-2013, 08:35 AM
that's pretty good, I assume that it is not thinned down?

Nope not thinned down at all :)

WOODY72
18-08-2013, 09:04 AM
As a matter of interest Reece, what goes into Roanne Red P78D?

Badger_01
18-08-2013, 09:35 AM
As a matter of interest Reece, what goes into Roanne Red P78D?

Since I dont know what the D stands for I'll put all the varients down as well.

Normal Roanne Red:
Deep Maroon, Red Maroon, Organic orange, Fine Russet Pearl, Copper Pearl, Deep Black, Special Violet

Roanne Red (Paler):
Deep Maroon, Bright Red, Fine Russet Pearl, White, Fine White Pearl, Black

Roanne Red (Bluer):
Bright Russet Pearl, Deep Maroon, Special Violet, Magenta, Light Red Oxide, Deep Black

Roanne Red (Redder):
Deep Maroon, Bright Russet Pearl, Blue Russet Pearl, Grey Black, Light Red Oxide, Effect White

WOODY72
18-08-2013, 11:00 AM
Sh1t, cheers for that, you'd never guess would you?

skillet
16-03-2014, 10:43 AM
hi
plan is the car Overpainting. Now A71, hamilton silver (it is a vr4 sedan).
I want white. which is the oem colors of white jdm galants?
W09 sophia white & W75 galaxy white pearl?
but all color-coded interested.
thank you very much