PDA

View Full Version : manual conversion parts and how to

crazydriver81
11-06-2013, 09:05 PM
Hey guys,

I know it has been discussed before several times, but I do not seem to find a list of parts and a how to for a manual conversion. A cross reference of parts shared with the Evo would be great as the Evo parts are widely available. As this is an ever searched issue, why not complete the list and make this thread sticky?

Any help from you experienced people would be much appreciated. Cheers!

parts (plus from which cars to source):
- 5 speed gearbox W5M51xxx (from Evo 4-9 / Lancer GSR (CM5A) / Galant and Legnum VR-4)
- clutch slave cylinder (Evo?)
- gear shift cables plus linkage (any 8G Galant)
- clutch/brake pedal set (any 8G Galant)
- clutch master cylinder (any 8G Galant)
- flywheel (Evo? / Galant VR-4?)
- clutch (Evo? / Galant VR-4?)
- shaft between gearbox and transfer box (same as AT?)
- drive shafts (manual? / auto?)
- gearbox mount

how to:
- rewire inhibitor switch (anyone who knows how to short which cables?)
- rewire reverse light switch (anyone has a description?)
- is it necessary to have a manual ECU?
- can TCU be completely removed?
- how to rewire speed sensor signal on late FL cars?

Please feel free to add all info you have. I'll put this together into this post here, so that all info is collected in one place. I can provide pictures as soon as my conversion has been done. Thanks!

adaxo
11-06-2013, 09:09 PM
Did you see this thread (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?59145-Manual-conversion-by-Adaxo)

and there is the list what I got to do my conversion

Manual Gearbox

Manual geabox engine mount (pas side)

Selector cables

Half shaft between xfr box and gearbox

Manual Hi Vis dash

flywheel

clutch, release bearing and cover plate (inc all bolts )

Clutch and brake pedal

Clutch master and slave cylinder

Clutch pipe work

Reverse switch loom part for connection to auto loom

Manual selector and gear stick + gear knob and cover to convert auto lower panel

re flash ecu to be a manual one

crazydriver81
11-06-2013, 09:55 PM
I have seen your thread adaxo - but I find it difficult to go through a lot of posts to gather requiered info. Hence I thought we might collect it in one post to make it easier accessible. ;) Further I'd like to know from which cars the parts can be used, to make sourcing easier. Manual converion kits do not pop up very often.

I am not quiet sure if is necessary to reflash ECU to a manual one. THis would make it difficult for PFL owners...

adaxo
11-06-2013, 10:11 PM
I have seen your thread adaxo - but I find it difficult to go through a lot of posts to gather requiered info. Hence I thought we might collect it in one post to make it easier accessible. ;) Further I'd like to know from which cars the parts can be used, to make sourcing easier. Manual converion kits do not pop up very often.

I am not quiet sure if is necessary to reflash ECU to a manual one. THis would make it difficult for PFL owners...

I must misread your first post, anyway, my ecu has not been flashed to manual rom till few months ago, no see any difference between, one thing to mention/consider is apparently cars with tcl had some problem with ecu after conversions, by problem I mean flashy dash etc.