PDA

View Full Version : Help please, boost leak / fuel cut / anti-lag help

Kryton
12-06-2013, 12:28 AM
Hi everyone, I am currently experiencing some issues with the car & its too dark to see squat under here.

Been out in the car for last few hours (on & off), with no issues whatsoever & then all of a sudden the anti-lag starts going off without the clutch being depressed. Seems that I can get upto approx 3500 rpm without any issues & then get what feels like fuel cut whilst the A/L kicks in. I can't see any pipes that have come adrift & the clutch switch is at the same height it has always been but can't seem to get any quicker :( Has anyone got any thoughts before I limp it home or call breakdown?

Everything was running fine & still looks ok & can't believe it is fuel cut as the boost is turned down & the cut is set high. I'm guessing its just a pipe I can't see that has come off causing a leak but would this not normally cause the car to stall? They are all uprated hoses / pipes with expensive clips but still possible I suppose. Only thing I can't get to is FMIC pipework. This or a dodgy solenoid maybe? Guessing I could remove the clutch switch to test that its not a problem with that?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Chris :)

EDITED: just to add, it runs fine up to 3500 rpm & all the dials seem to be reading correctly. The more I type, the more convinced I am there is a wayward pipe somewhere...

exevoowner
12-06-2013, 06:50 AM
Dump valve ????

wintertidenz
12-06-2013, 09:47 AM
Check that all the coils and leads are in, and double check the pipework - especially that sneaky intake one for the rear turbo. On my car it likes to sneak itself off on occasion.

Can you disconnect the clutch switch and see if that helps?

TAR
12-06-2013, 10:01 AM
My bet is a sticky switch or a short in the wiring from switch to ECU. Can you disconnect the wiring at the ECU end?

:happy:

Kryton
12-06-2013, 10:09 AM
OK cheers for the replies peeps I will make sure these are the first things checked. I really cannot justify spending any more time on fannying around with this car as far too busy with actual work at the minute so going to have to get recovered. I'm fairly sure / hoping its something straight forward but if its going to cost more than £100 to repair, its being scrapped & i'm going to buy some fisher price roller skates instead /pan

Nube
12-06-2013, 12:26 PM
Might be worth a look at the nipples on the boost control solenoid,mines was cracked but still in place and was giving similar symptoms...

Davezj
12-06-2013, 01:07 PM
are you running keneths 1.03 rom or 2.0?

i seem to remember in one of the threads that jason had an issue with anti lag kicking in when it was not supposed to and not being able to drive the car with the revs any higher than the anti lag rpm setting.
i can't remember which thread it was but i will have a quick search and ge back to you.

this was the post 73
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?59075-Kenneth-s-ECU-Mods-V1-03&p=670852&viewfull=1#post670852

a little obscure but antilag seemed to engauge when not needed or set.

Kryton
12-06-2013, 05:11 PM
Thanks for the info Dave. To be honest, I don't know as Jason done it but would imagine its 2.0 as was only done in April. Its been working fine since & only happened since half way through my journey home last night onwards. Would be amazed if it was anything to do with the flash but we all know what a wonderful thing technology is so could have randomly kicked in like the reference in that thread. Hopefully nothing serious otherwise people will be having fun with another parts sale

Gingerfish
12-06-2013, 05:41 PM
Hope it's not too serious and you get it sorted Chris.

Your motor seems to have an extreme love/hate relatonship with YOU rather than the other way round. lol.

My Jag was the same. Always ran sweet after a bit of attention.

Kryton
12-06-2013, 06:02 PM
Cheers Alex & yep you are right. I wouldn't mind if I hand't ploughed the best part of £15k into it in the last 2 years. Then again, its probably the random messing around with it that's made it like it is. Can't be too much left to upgrade to make it solid / reliable... I hope /haz

Kenneth
12-06-2013, 09:03 PM
Probably a wiring issue for it to change suddenly. Check the clutch switch wiring (or disconnect it) and also the speed sensor wiring. If someone had previously cut the speed sensor, it may have had to be reconnected. It may be that the stationary speed limiter is being activated.

Davezj
13-06-2013, 01:24 PM
that was my thinking kenneth, some how it has been activated.
an easy way to test this would be to disable the antilag and launch control in the enable bits table at the top of the ecu tables, and if the issue goes away then it has to be something to do with that.
you can confirm this switch them back on and expect the issue to retun, then you can go hunting fo the actual issue, but as kenneth said it is probaly one of the monitored peramiters failing that is causing the issue if it is ecu related.

Kryton
13-06-2013, 05:13 PM
Well, you will be pleased to know that the car is safe (for now anyway). Appreciate all the help peeps but turns out it was a combination of main intake pipe had somehow worked its way loose at almost exactly the same time that a vacuum hose under the drivers kick panel had became unclipped, preventing the clutch pedal to return far enough to clear the clutch switch. Its mad that both things happened at the same time to make these symptoms but at least it was an easy fix :) Repaired & returned for free

Thanks again everyone /grouphug

Gingerfish
13-06-2013, 05:36 PM
/Poms

WOODY72
13-06-2013, 08:32 PM
Glad it's ok matey, have another :Dlarge vodka:D to celebrate! /GJ :D