PDA

View Full Version : Windows panel control - annoying problem

swinks
13-06-2013, 05:31 PM
OK. Another electric issue which is more annoing than actual issue.
It's been 2 years now since it happened, but maybe it's time to solve the mystery.

Problem:
Remote control doesn't work from drivers panel for all windows exept drivers one. Of course windows are operational by use of switches in particular doors, i.e. front passenger can be open/close by passenger front door switch, but won't work if used drivers multi-button panel. Same with all windows.

Have checked so far: panel itself (swapped for another one), electric wiring to panel (earthing), ETACS unit (swapped), relay in engine bay, fuses.
No fun.
As said, it's not vital, but some comfort has gone. :)

Kryton
13-06-2013, 05:52 PM
Have you got the window lock on :curtain:

swinks
14-06-2013, 06:25 AM
Have you got the window lock on :curtain:
Nope.
I wish it was so simple. ;)

Nick Mann
14-06-2013, 09:50 AM
How do you always end up with these wierd problems? I can't think of anything that you haven't already done?

markysparky
14-06-2013, 01:24 PM
Have you got window roll ups connected to an alarm/central locking?

swinks
14-06-2013, 06:52 PM
How do you always end up with these wierd problems? I can't think of anything that you haven't already done?
I know Nick. It's the most weired thing I've approached, and although it doesn't affect vr4 factor it is anoying when it stuck in your brain that one petty thing is not right.
Already I've promised her to sell one day this year ;)

swinks
14-06-2013, 06:53 PM
Have you got window roll ups connected to an alarm/central locking?
I don't think so. It's been FL feature, mine is pfl.

exevoowner
14-06-2013, 07:36 PM
I take it your on about lift switch and it shuts window or push down and it opens all the way !are all windows free running ?also is there a anti trap thing to stop window winding up i know if i try to shut mine at speed in rolls down

swinks
14-06-2013, 09:20 PM
I take it your on about lift switch and it shuts window or push down and it opens all the way !are all windows free running ?also is there a anti trap thing to stop window winding up i know if i try to shut mine at speed in rolls down
Yes, it's closing/opening window switches issue.
But not as you think.
Simply, windows are working as should only by using single switches in appropriate doors. That big panel with 4 switches in driver's door is not operational, so as a driver I can't for example open/colse rear window, only passenger can do.

exevoowner
15-06-2013, 09:44 AM
swinks all i could say does your alarm inter link with windows for total closure system or has someone tryed to fit one ?

markysparky
15-06-2013, 01:31 PM
Looks like you are going to have to get a DVM out and check each output as you depress the appropriate switch on drivers door control panel
:)

markysparky
15-06-2013, 04:15 PM

That is a sure sign that the glass is feeling too much resistance in the runners. My passenger front used to drop when using one touch up, could only raise the glass with momentary flicks of the switch to get it to shut.
However if re-alignment doesn't work, it'll be worn mech that needs replacing :)