PDA

View Full Version : Evo cooling plates, do they fit?

Colin Wiltshire
17-06-2013, 06:45 PM
As Title really,

Looking at getting a cooling plate, they sit on top in front of the rad, to aid air movement.

Plus they look great.

Will an evo 1 fit our cars? or even close with a bit of modding?

exevoowner
17-06-2013, 09:08 PM
From what i remember the evo ones deflect the air into the rad better i understand what you are saying and maybe would benifit the cooling and also stop some hot air entering intake as for fitment i cant help but wouldnt of thought it would take much to knock one up

Davezj
17-06-2013, 10:58 PM
A like to one would be good to see what you are talking about.

Gly
18-06-2013, 01:10 AM
its just a bit of plate that covers the gap between the rad support panel and radiator,

no an evo one wont fit,
just cut you own from a bit of thin plate and bolt down.

it does make a difference, if you have a gap there to cover, but if you like me and a have a larger alloy rad theres no real gap to cover

veegeeta
18-06-2013, 09:47 AM
^ also known as a slam panel.

Davezj
18-06-2013, 01:08 PM
its just a bit of plate that covers the gap between the rad support panel and radiator,

no an evo one wont fit,
just cut you own from a bit of thin plate and bolt down.

it does make a difference, if you have a gap there to cover, but if you like me and a have a larger alloy rad theres no real gap to cover

Cheers afor that Carsten, that a good idea, as i have been looking into getting the air flow through the intercooler and Rad/condenser to work better.
i might block up the gaps at the side of the after market intercooler blocked up so the air does not escape out of the side rather than going through the rad/condenser.
i will have to have a look at to see if it is possible.
i think i will open up the slots in the grill and remove the bar tha sit in the way of the inlet air flow to the air box snorkle as will.
might be worth it.

Nick Mann
18-06-2013, 02:15 PM
^ also known as a slam panel.

I understand the slam panel to be the panel the bonnet shuts against, the bit that the lights, grille, bonnet catch etc all bolt to. To me that is just a bit of trim (allbeit with a function) that attaches to the slam panel.