PDA

View Full Version : Hello I'm a newbie that needs help please

Jacqui
21-06-2013, 11:28 AM
Hello VR4 fans,
I have a 1996 Legnum that needs a front right hand side ABS Sensor and I am totally clueless about where to source one. I have rung a couple of wreckers but they are like hens teeth. If anyone has info on wreckers or parts retailers I would be most appreciative thanks

Atik
21-06-2013, 11:46 AM
Welcome :)

Easiest way is probably to find a complete hub from a wrecker and take it from that or swap over all in go.

crazydriver81
21-06-2013, 11:53 AM
yep, exactly as Atik said. It's a pain to remove the ABS sensor and in 99,9% you will break it. So changing thee whole hub-assembly will be the way to go.

Please be advised, that the FL cars (1998 onwards) came with different hub-assembly, so you need to source a part from a car between 1996 and early 1998.

TAR
21-06-2013, 11:58 AM
welcome to the forum.

I cant offer any help on sourcing the part but I can tell you that its nearly impossible to remove the sensor from the hub carrier without breaking it.

You may be best looking for a prefacelift hub with sensor attached.

Good luck in your search.

:happy:

Bender
22-06-2013, 02:28 AM
Welcome to clubvr4

Davezj
22-06-2013, 09:48 PM
Surely there must loads of pfl front hub carriers knocking about wih in the club from when people have done brembo upgrades and swapped to face lift hub carriers, I know I have 2 pairs in the shed or possible 3.
But the postage to Australia would be quite expensiveas they are heavy items, but I can find out how much if you are interested. £20 plus postage and it is yours.
You are probably better to try and find them locally first though.

Oh by the way Hi and Welcome to the club.