PDA

View Full Version : Polly bush install

Davezj
25-06-2013, 09:35 PM
Just thought I would share my findings after installing front and rear anti roll bar polly bushes.

Well I installed them and with the grease provided, as I have never installed polly bushes before I was surprised that you were supplied with grease for a bush.
but heyho I put a bit on and when I fitted them and all was good. I didn't notice any difference by the way but they worked.
anyway the reason for my thread, about 2 weeks ago I noticed a squeaky rattle coming from under the glove box, my wife likened it to a kitten with a small Tinkerling bell round it's neck running up and down under the dash on the passenger side behind the glove box.
It was driving me up the wall every day.
So I decided to regrease my bush on the passenger side and what do you know it is now silent again.

So this is a word of waring for you when you fit polly bushes on anti roll bars use all the provided grease in the little pouch it is not there to look good it is there for a reason, use it.

Just thought I would share.

Erni902
26-06-2013, 12:19 AM
Good to know, cheers for the heads up Dave

Gly
26-06-2013, 01:25 AM
poly bushes need to be greased fairly regularly or they will ware out.

not just a one of when fitted.

CANDEE
26-06-2013, 04:10 AM
poly bushes need to be greased fairly regularly or they will ware out.

not just a one of when fitted.
We used to get this in our old honda's RTA bushes every year or so, used to be like a mouse squeaking down the road..

swinks
26-06-2013, 07:15 AM
Got similar "drama" in a past when did all polybush rear suspension. Forgot to do left side with grease, then for next several weeks I had squeeky band of mice every low speed sharp turn. :)