PDA

View Full Version : Custom front bumper, another one :) and more custom stuff

MarkSanne
28-06-2013, 02:54 PM
Been busy with the V6 N/A Galoon, trying to tidy it up a bit. It'll get a complete respray in pearl white, but for the meantime I try to customize quite a few body panels, paint it in the current color and see how it all looks.

I've used the previously modified front bumper (a euro facelift one) where I added a custom lip (made from another front bumper) and enlarged the recess where our dutch wide-sides plates house. Also I removed the strip on both sides underneath which usually catch speedbumps first plus I added a customized set of fender flare extensions (non-removable).

All-in-all I think it looks good, like it could have been from factory which is always something I aspire.

After the now completed fender flares and the front bumper I have a set of spare PFL VR4 side skirts that I will modify to fit perfectly (enlarge the front piece to line up to the fender flare and extend the rear 1cm as that never seems to perfectly align with fender flares (even when using a complete original FL kit). Finally I have a spare rear bumper that I will modify to match up to the rear end fender flare extensions and add a set of vents that I cut out of the old PFL (euro) front bumper.

So still a fair amount of work, but I'm sure it'll work out exactly as I have in mind, especially with the white colour, maybe add a set of gold wheels?!

Also waiting in the shed:
- set of ganadors ready for paint (black)
- set of wind visors
- earlier made custom front grille (open mouth)
- earlier made custom vented wings

Looking for:
Subtle shark fin antenna such as on the current Volvo S60. Bought an aftermarker shark fin antenna which is BMW sized, which I think is too big. Anyone with ideas for such a small sized shark fin antenna would be much appreciated!

The Vee
28-06-2013, 04:11 PM
Looking very nice Mark. I do admire the work and finish you are doing. On the shark fin type thing, there is quite a nice small one on the new VW Jetta which I have considered for mine and I think some of the Golfs had quite a subtle bee sting on them which didn't look bad either.
Also white with gold wheels - yes. Take a look at 666damned - think his looks good.

Gingerfish
28-06-2013, 06:47 PM
Sterling work chap!

Doing your own custom bodywork and paint jobs takes a lot of love and dedication.

Keep it up.