PDA

View Full Version : EOI large bore fuel rail adapters

crazydriver81
02-07-2013, 09:07 PM
So chaps,

I have just complete a bulk buy with 3SX Performance in the USA. I have 10 sets of the large bore fuel rail links on the way to Germany.

What we are talking about?
The tiny fuel rail link pipe between both fuel rails is a bottleneck in fuel supply for our engines. It is restrictive for the fuel supply of the rear cylinders. The improved part was originally developed for the 3000GT / GTO engines but according to the GB on OZVR4, it'll fit our engines as well.
--> http://www.3sx.com/store/comersus_viewItemBundle.asp?idProduct=1164

What is the deal?
Currently I am gauging interest. So far 5 sets are sold already, so 5 more sets are available. The price will be 42 GBP, shipped to your door. This is a discount of 14 GBP compared to the price of Amber Perfomance. I can sell for 40 GBP each, if I do not have to ship to individual addresses - of course someone has to distribute the parts to the individual parties in UK.

What will you get?
- large bore fuel return pipe
- 2 fuel rail adapters to AN-6 fittings
- bolts and washers

Of course I will test fit the part to my car to make sure the parts do fit as expected. The parts ill be available from end of July (once I am back from holiday).

Please note: the parts are made from Aluminum - hence this will not be suitable for ethanol applications.

If you are interested, please post your name here. As said - 5 sets are available. Payment via Paypal accepted, but fees on your side.

cheers
Stefan

INTERESTED:
1. TAR - paid & sent out
2. Gly - paid & sent out
3. Badger_01 - paid & sent out
4. Colin Wiltshire - paid & sent out
5. Adie - paid & sent out

How to - Installation guide (thanks to TME_Steve over on OZVR4): 63483

TAR
02-07-2013, 10:08 PM
I'm interested :happy:

Nick Mann
02-07-2013, 10:47 PM
I don't like to argue, I'm sure that the link is an improvement on the stock item, but surely the stock item would restrict the feed to the front bank?

swinks
02-07-2013, 11:20 PM
Just being curious... in what way it is being restrictive if diameter of that link is identical to fuel feed and fuel return line?

Gly
03-07-2013, 04:06 AM
same price shipped to NZ? if so ill take one,

just as a side note for everyone, these are no good for ethanol gas as it will ware through the aluminum,

crazydriver81
03-07-2013, 06:26 AM
I don't like to argue, I'm sure that the link is an improvement on the stock item, but surely the stock item would restrict the feed to the front bank?

No Nick. The fuel is fed from the front bank to the rear bank. FPR is attached to the front fuel rail and the link between both fuel rails is the tiny pipe you can see above the cambelt cover.

crazydriver81
03-07-2013, 06:30 AM
Just being curious... in what way it is being restrictive if diameter of that link is identical to fuel feed and fuel return line?

Thomas, the inner diameter of the fuel rails and the stock fuel return pipe do not fit. The return pipe is smaller in diameter. With this return pipe, you can improve the situation massively, thanks to the AN-6 fittings and the suitable pipe diameter.

crazydriver81
03-07-2013, 06:32 AM
same price shipped to NZ? if so ill take one,

just as a side note for everyone, these are no good for ethanol gas as it will ware through the aluminum,

I'll figure out shipping cost Carsten. Thanks for the hint regarding ethanol. Was not aware of that.

Nick Mann
03-07-2013, 06:39 AM
No Nick. The fuel is fed from the front bank to the rear bank. FPR is attached to the front fuel rail and the link between both fuel rails is the tiny pipe you can see above the cambelt cover.

I'm relatively sure that the fpr is at the end of the fuel rail, not the beginning. It controls the pressure behind it by letting through the excess, not by restricting what enters the rail.

Gly
03-07-2013, 07:18 AM

actually nick is correct,

the fuel comes in on the rear bank, feeds to the front with the reg on the end of the front rail and then the return to tank line.

so its the front that could suffer from starvation due to the restrictive fuel loop.

the stock loop isn't really that restrictive at stock power, its when your seeking high numbers and you need more fuel that it becomes an issue, and its actually quite a common issue for modified 6g72 owners

oh and for those that will be using eth or a high eth mix fuel, you need to be buying stainless steel loop or make your own using appropriate fuel hose and fittings.

Davezj
03-07-2013, 07:22 AM
Yes that should be the case in the 6a13tt. Fuel comes in the rear rail and through the link to the front rail, as the fuel pressure reg is on the rutern line to the tank so it maintains pressure in tjhe rails.

Remember the 3000GT VR4 has the engine the other way round in the engine bay.

Erni902
03-07-2013, 09:06 AM
May be a stupid question but I take it these adapters are for stock fpr? ie. I have a SARD FPR that I need to fit and need a suitable adapter.

Gly
03-07-2013, 09:10 AM
this is a fuel rail loop, (opposite end to the FPR)

ozvr4 have already done this as a group buy from 3sx, its a direct fit for our cars

Erni902
03-07-2013, 09:13 AM
Aha roger that, thanks Carsten, told you it was a stupid question lol

Gly
03-07-2013, 09:18 AM
Aha roger that, thanks Carsten, told you it was a stupid question lol

lol, no probs, you can use the EVO fuel rail reg adaptor

heaps to choose from on ebay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fuel-Regulator-Adapter-Mitsubishi-Lancer-Evolution-4G63-/360670855701?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item53f9a88215

crazydriver81
03-07-2013, 09:39 AM
actually nick is correct,

the fuel comes in on the rear bank, feeds to the front with the reg on the end of the front rail and then the return to tank line.

so its the front that could suffer from starvation due to the restrictive fuel loop.

Sorry, then I had it in mind the wrong way round. In any way, those of us who are looking for higher boost and engine mods - this is one of the basic things to care for. Fuel and air delivery.

Badger_01
03-07-2013, 09:51 AM
I want one :)

Davezj
03-07-2013, 01:11 PM
as it can be seen from the pictures posted up of the new fuel loop the inner bore of the connectors does seem to be wider than the stock ones, but this would need to be confirmed by measurement.

on a side note, the wider loop bore is pointless unless you change the connector/adaptor at each end of the fuel rail and the inlet of the probable after market fuel pressure regulator.
if you get what i mean, there is no point in removing a restiction in the fuel flow if there is another one in the system, you have to remove them all. Not just one restiction.

if you look at the inlet size of the fuel inlet to the fuel rail you will find it is the same internal bore as the facory loop internal bore. i am not sure there is a need to change the outlet if the standard FPR is fitted there, but if a after market FPR is fitted, i think the outlet of the fuel rail and the inlet of the FPR will have to be enlargered as well.
then you will have to consider the fuel pipe itself what is the internal bore of that pipe, if it is less than or equal to the bore of the stock loop then this will have to be changed as well, then you have to look further back to the fuel lines running under the car what size are they.

this is just my opinion though.

Nick Mann
03-07-2013, 01:31 PM
I would think that a restriction outside of the fuel rail loop is not as much of an issue as one between the two rails. If the pressure in the whole system drops/rises then you will run rich/lean on every cylinder - your wideband should pick that up. (I'm assuming you'd be running one if you got to the point of messing with your fuel system.) If there is a restriction between the rails then you have a chance of just one bank being lean - your wideband will only get an average reading, so it is possible to run one bank leaner than the other with this restriction.

I'd be interested, but I already have a braided hose solution in the garage waiting to go on if I ever fit bigger injectors.

Davezj
03-07-2013, 01:45 PM
I would think that a restriction outside of the fuel rail loop is not as much of an issue as one between the two rails. If the pressure in the whole system drops/rises then you will run rich/lean on every cylinder - your wideband should pick that up. (I'm assuming you'd be running one if you got to the point of messing with your fuel system.) If there is a restriction between the rails then you have a chance of just one bank being lean - your wideband will only get an average reading, so it is possible to run one bank leaner than the other with this restriction.

I'd be interested, but I already have a braided hose solution in the garage waiting to go on if I ever fit bigger injectors.

i understand you point of unbalancing the fuel system, but if you already have a reduced flow by the inlet to the fuel rail the same restiction between the fuel rails is not going to cause any more of a restriction. so the 2 fuel rails will be balanced. but if you have removed the restiction from the entry point of the fuel rails, then the fuel rails could become unbalanced, but if you have a restiction anywahere in the fuel pipe between the pump and the loop, of the same bore as the loop between the fuel rails, then surely the fuel in the system before it gets to the first rail will not be able to become more presureised after the intial restriction has been encountered in the fuel pipe.
but if you remove all restiction between the pump and the loop between fuel rails, then yes i would have thought the rails could become unbalanced.
but this all depends on what size the pipes are and the inlets are so we can make a conclusion.

crazydriver81
03-07-2013, 02:21 PM
My point of view is different on this Dave. I see that there is a restriction by the entry point of fuel. But then you have the large diamater of the injector line and then again a smaller diameter by the connecting pipe.

I think, having a larger diameter in the connecting pipe will help to hold a constant pressure of fuel in BOTH injector rails more easily. If you think of circumstance where much fuel is needed, the complete pressure in the system will drop for a certain period of time. Having another "bottleneck" by the connecting pipe will lead to further drop of pressure for the front cylinders. So far my (certainly limited) knowledge.

I know it's a lot of theory and probably not worth spending the money when running stock boost. FOr me, I personally will feel more confident, knowing that I have completed another bit on the way to more SAFE boost.

Colin Wiltshire
03-07-2013, 04:16 PM
I'm interested in this. Any chance of the fittings being red?

Davezj
03-07-2013, 05:17 PM
Don't get me wrong, I have thought about doing this myself, ever since I heard about it on the 3000gt site, and is a good thing to do if it balances up the fuel pressure in the front and back fuel rails.
But I can help thinking the front and back fuel rails must be balanced anyway in stock form due to the multiple restrictions all over the fuel system pipework.

Let think out loud, for a moment.

I suppose if you look at it back from the FPR in stock form, the FPR restricts the fuel flow in the return path to the tank which controls the pressure build up in the fuel pipes. The FPR is controlled by vacuum/boost pressure relative to a baseline pressure at 1 bar (atmospheric pressure) in the stock setup there is further control via the FPR solenoid valve which can tweek that available pressure up or down.
So when the the FPR is controlling the pressure in the both fuel rails there will be a restriction between the front and rear fuel rail caused be the smaller bore loop, the smaller bore inlet will allow a certain amount of fuel flow though it, but actual amount it arbitrary because it is the FPR that is controlling the pressure beyond that point, the small output pipe from the FPR does not matter either as this is an unpressurised return line to the tank.
So in this case if the loop is made of a bigger bore of pipe the fuel pressure will probably be equalised. But the loop will still probably be the smallest ore of pipe in the front and rear fuel rail assembly.
I don't know if this is true or not but lets assue it is.

Let's look at the aftermarket setup, stock FPR removed and adapter fitted, small amount of pipe fitted to adaptor, which then gets connected to one of the hose adapters on the new FPR.
The added parts and pipe from the end of the fuel rail to the input of the FPR must the same size or bigger than the loop pipe fitted between the fuel rails or they will cause an restriction between the fuel rail and the FPR, so the fuel pressure read on the FPR gauge will be artificially high in relation to the fuel pressure in the actual fuel rail itself. However I think most adapters and pipe used to connect the new FPR to the fuel rail will be smaller than the loop pipe and cause a restriction.

So what am I trying to say, I don't know what I am trying to say.
But I think I have been looking at it from the wrong end, the fuel pump creates a flow and can deliver a pressure of xyz in the system, if the end of the fuel return line to the tank is blocked off. It will pressurise the pipe work to that pressure of xyz, but in an open pipe scenario as we have in a normal fuel system, it is the FPR that controls the actual pressure delivered to the fuel rail itself.
But I think that most hose adapters and pipe used to connect new FPR too fuel rail will be smaller than the new loop pipe.
So I have talked myself out of what I thought was happening.

Does this sound more like the correct operation. I don't know any more, I thought I had it laid out right in my head but I am not sure now.
I used to be indecisive but I am not sure now, lol.
Sorry if this has caused confusion for any one but I like to this straight in my mind before committing to buy something.
I will happily hold my hands up and say I was wrong and take the flaming I deserve for this confusion.
I will expect a vist from one of beelzebub's minions and have my toes torched as warning to be more careful next time before thinking out loud.
I would like to hear your views on what actually happens in the fuel system.
And if my last attempt at getting it right is correct then I think I might be needing to drill out the hose adapts I have connecting my FPR feul rail.

Nick Mann
03-07-2013, 07:59 PM
Take the system as an extreme. You have a 50mm diameter fuel rail, with a restricted inlet of 1mm and a link rail of 1mm.
If your injectors in the first rail use a significant amount of fuel then the second rails pressure will drop. Remove the restriction between the rails and both rails will lose pressure at the same rate. Still not good but at least monitoring systems will flag it up.
This is obviously not how simple the system is but the logic is the same even if the effects are negligible.

crazydriver81
03-07-2013, 10:20 PM
I'm interested in this. Any chance of the fittings being red?

Sorry Colin, only with blue fittings.

crazydriver81
03-07-2013, 10:29 PM
Sorry if this has caused confusion for any one but I like to this straight in my mind before committing to buy something.
I will happily hold my hands up and say I was wrong and take the flaming I deserve for this confusion.
I will expect a vist from one of beelzebub's minions and have my toes torched as warning to be more careful next time before thinking out loud.
I would like to hear your views on what actually happens in the fuel system.
And if my last attempt at getting it right is correct then I think I might be needing to drill out the hose adapts I have connecting my FPR feul rail.

Nobody will get flamed or nailed to the cross, just because of thinking out loud. So c'mon Dave, keep the thoughts coming. :D

I mean, this is how most things have been discovered - different thoughts.

Kenneth
03-07-2013, 10:56 PM
I can confirm that the 3sx rail loop is significantly larger in internal diameter than the OE item.

For the cost, if you are chasing extra power, why would you not upgrade it? As previous brought up, O2 sensor where it is only shows the average. So if the front bank is lean and rear rich, the O2 sensor would never pick it up.

Just make sure you don't over-tighten these, you will make them leak.

Davezj
03-07-2013, 11:18 PM
This was a reply to nick Mann, I just took a long time to type it.

Yes I understand what you saying, and as you say logic dictates that yhis is a ood mod.
is there any way to test he resulting goodness of a mod like this?
Obviously if you run fuel though the rail off the car from one end to the other with and without the larger loop pipe the larger loop pipe will flow more fuel but that is not really the issue, as flow and pressure are different things.

Is there a flow test or a pressure test that can be done to prove a positive result rather than than relying on a gut feeling that this is the right thing to do. Logic is good but it is not alway right. I fallen foul of this at work on a couple of occasions and I am very wary of relying on logic. I like hard data if possible.

HPRULZ
04-07-2013, 12:04 AM
as pressure flow and volume are directly related to cross sectional area of the pipe through which either gas or fluid flows (see Boyles law), the larger the cross section is, the lower the pressure becomes and the slower the flow rate. so how is this helping the feed to the rear bank? if it is slowing the flow and reducing the pressure or are you tweaking the input pressure to compensate for this?

Kev

Davezj
04-07-2013, 12:56 AM
Curse you Boyle for all your proven physics laws.

But how exactly does it apply to the FPR scenario?
I think, I know know, but it wa a long time ago for me. (basic A Level physics) but I would like to give he opertunity for someone else to chip in and quote some physics.

Kenneth
04-07-2013, 01:07 AM
I don't know that you can really do a test unless you find out the hard way that you need it.
You are right that flow and pressure are 2 separate things (at least within certain parameters), however the ECU is expecting both to be there so it is important that both are available.

The real question is whether you ever feel your engine will need such a mod. If you plan on upgrading turbos and internals, it is a cheap mod to ensure your big injectors don't deplete the front fuel rail faster than it can be re-filled.
If you don't plan on moving off standard turbos, there is probably little benefit since we know cars have been tuned to the maximum available from them without changing it.

I have 1000cc injectors in my car now, I am pretty sure they can deplete the front fuel rail faster than the OE loop could keep it filled. I have been having great fun with high boost since, with no detonation so am really happy that it was a worth while mod, considering the price.

is there any way to test he resulting goodness of a mod like this?
Obviously if you run fuel though the rail off the car from one end to the other with and without the larger loop pipe the larger loop pipe will flow more fuel but that is not really the issue, as flow and pressure are different things.

Davezj
04-07-2013, 01:31 AM
Fair play Kenneth, You put that in a quite, matter of fact, kind of way and it makes sense.
You have done that and seen the results.
So it seems to be good mod if you are going for anything above stock factory injectors, but if you are not planning on going above stock, then there might not be any benefit.
The more data I get on ths subjunctive the better, and the more info that comes from down under the better. You already have these fuel rail loops fitted. So you have actual experience of the product.

HPRULZ
04-07-2013, 08:23 AM
its a good question Dave, as to how this relates to fueling and as you say Kenneth has already done it and it works well for his set up, I am in no way trying to put anyone off of what would appear to be a cheap and worthwhile upgrade. Mainly I was trying to get my head around how it works re the gas flow laws. If you consider something we have all done at one time or other stick your finger over the end of a hose pipe and make the gap smaller, the pressure increases at the gap (as the mains flow supply pressure remains constant) due to this the flow velocity increases (at the reduced opening)and the jet of water travels further and faster (enabling us to water the areas the hose doesn't reach) so all I am saying is that in kenneths case where he is running bigger injectors and pipework (and I am assuming a high flow fuel pump) that he has the necessary supporting modifications to maintain the flow rate, because to go back to the hose example, take your finger off and make the gap bigger and the pressure reduces (as would having a larger bore hose) this effectively is what happens at the injectors, the flow pressure reduces, when this happens the spray pattern is less effective in the atomisation of the fuel. As Kenneth has said above, the injectors he has are large enough to allow the outlet flow to exceed the inlet thus emptying the fuel rail (with standard flow), it is his supporting mods that allow him to do this successfully because he can maintain an increased flow rate. There is also the fact that the greater the volume of an area the longer it takes to get up to pressure (try blowing up small balloons and then bigger ones) obviously it takes more puff before the bigger ones reach the same pressure (as it will with larger bore piping). I hope this doesn't come over as patronising to anyone, but it is as simple a scenario as I can think of to break down the Physics of what is happening re pressure/flow and volume so that everyone can visualise it, in a nutshell it works well if you have the capacity to maintain/monitor and balance the 3 as I believe Kenneth does going by the extremely knowledgeable replies he is able to supply when it comes to tuning and upgrading our cars. (I do hope I haven't put anyone to sleep with my post)

Kev

crazydriver81
04-07-2013, 09:28 AM
fair enough what you are saying guys. I have a 255lph fuel pump and plan to go with an external FPR, so the loop is a worthwile mod for me. Anyhow, I do think it's also a good mod if you have the standard FPR installed.

The thing is that yes, in theory it may take slightly longer to get the initial pressure build up in the fuel system (on very first startup). But once you have the initial pressure, it should remain at this minimum level (that's why an FPR is there). Another worthwile mod, for those who have the standard fuel pump, may be the hotwiring to constant 12V.

I disagree about the apllication on Boyles law with you Kev. Yes, if you have a constant pressure and you alter the pipe diameter, the pressure will change. But this is only applicable if you have no source controlling the pressure in the system. Our fuel system does have a control for pressure, the FPR.

But again, thank you guys for putting up your thoughts. Will help people to make up their own mind. :thumbsup:

Nick Mann
04-07-2013, 11:31 AM
I agree with your comment above, Stefan. The fpr is controlling the pressure in the system, and the fuel rails that feed the injectors are remaining the same. All this mod is doing is helping keep the pressure balanced between the two rails in extreme circumstances. There should be no difference in fuel rail pressure in normal circumstances before and after this mod.

HPRULZ
04-07-2013, 12:04 PM
I disagree about the apllication on Boyles law with you Kev. Yes, if you have a constant pressure and you alter the pipe diameter, the pressure will change. But this is only applicable if you have no source controlling the pressure in the system. Our fuel system does have a control for pressure, the FPR.

:thumbsup:

sorry I thought that is what I said, as long as you have the supporting mods it works, Kenneth monitors both fuel pressure and airflow and has the capacity to alter them through the FPR, not just run all standard settings and up the diameter.

kev

Adam.Findlay
04-07-2013, 01:02 PM
Instead of buying the loop and fittings and then still being restricted in fuel flow by the stock regulator and feed lines. I just ran a M18x1.5 tap up the ends of both fuel rails then used a M18x1.5 to AN-6 fittings. (could use -8 if you wanted heaps and heaps of fuel flow.
not only does this stop the restriction to the rear rail its increases the fuel flow overall.

Im doing it slightly different, as you can see by the picture
http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv297/Adam-Findlay/20130408_220331.jpg (http://s693.photobucket.com/user/Adam-Findlay/media/20130408_220331.jpg.html)
I am going to run a -8 feed line which splits to two -6 lines which connect one to the front rail and one to the rear rail, then both rails will feed back to a common regulator.
essentially running the rails in Parallel instead of series.
I also lathed the wee tabs off the ends of the rails and bead blasted them for looks.

if anyone wants me do modify a set of rails for them like this Im more than willing to do it as long as you supply me stock rails and pay for the shipping + a small bit of cash to make it worth my time.

Adam.Findlay
04-07-2013, 01:20 PM
for reference heres the image of my modified cleaned rails with fittings compared to a stock rail I had laying around
http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv297/Adam-Findlay/20130408_102010.jpg (http://s693.photobucket.com/user/Adam-Findlay/media/20130408_102010.jpg.html)

I got the idea after seeing Ilya Orlenko's setup here. the only difference is he was feeding and returing the fuel to the opposite side of the engine bay as he had re-run the fuel lines to and from the tank.
http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv297/Adam-Findlay/458422_325457270842668_1750275400_o.jpg (http://s693.photobucket.com/user/Adam-Findlay/media/458422_325457270842668_1750275400_o.jpg.html)

and as Davezj said theres little point upgrading the small loop when the feed hole is still small (only when going for bigger power). although nick raised the good point of its better to have all 6 cyls running the same AFR's to the ecu/wideband can scale fueling accordingly. the simple loop mod is an easy way make sure both rails see relatively equal pressures for reflashed ecus with a touch more boost on stock turbos. much more than that and id be replacing the small bore feed and return lines.

just dont underestimate the ability of one injector firing on a rail to drop the pressure an amount which can be detrimental to the other cylinders.
even the straight 6 boys run twin feeds on their big bore rails in big hp applications
http://i39.tinypic.com/35bdqap.jpg
hard to see but this RB26 has a feed in both the front and the back of the rail with the return to the regulator coming off the middle of the rail. this is done to help supply more even pressures so the last few cylinders in the rail dont see less pressure than the rest.

Nick Mann
04-07-2013, 01:45 PM
Gowf did similar too - he certainly ran the rails in parallel but I'm not sure how he made the connections.

fassi1
04-07-2013, 01:46 PM
Adam's mod is the one to go for.
Identical pressure guaranteed on both banks.

Gly
05-07-2013, 09:39 AM
[/URL]
I am going to run a -8 feed line which splits to two -6 lines which connect one to the front rail and one to the rear rail, then both rails will feed back to a common regulator.
essentially running the rails in Parallel instead of series.

how will this guarantee even flow though both rails??
if one rail is blocked or flow restricted the FPR will still see the same pressure.

Adam.Findlay
06-07-2013, 01:12 AM
if one rail is blocked you have a serious problem.
both rails will flow the same when running them in parallel, it means there is no restriction at all between the front and rear rail. the 3SX loop of increased size reduces any restriction, running them in parallel removes the restriction entirely, as well as providing more fuel flow overall due to the larger bore feeds and returns

Gly
22-07-2013, 11:13 AM
INTERESTED:
1. TAR
2. Gly
3. Badger_01
4. Colin Wiltshire

this still going ahead? still keen.

Adie
23-07-2013, 10:29 AM
If this is going ahead I'm also interested.

crazydriver81
25-07-2013, 11:17 AM
sorry for the delay. Yes, it's definitely going on Gly & Adie. Have been away for a week of summer holiday. Parts are at the customs office in Germany already, so I will collect them tomorrow. I will then go and install one of them to my car and provide some details, so that all interested parties can exactly see what they get. Please allow few more days and then this thread will be updated and parts will be ready to get shipped.

Any question - please feel free to drop me a PM

crazydriver81
25-07-2013, 08:34 PM
parts collected today and pictures have been uploaded in post #1. Will test-fit one loop to my car, so that I can provide details on installation as well, before parts will get shipped.

Who of the interested parties is still willing to buy? Please drop me a PM with shipping address to agree on further steps. Thanks.

Gly
25-07-2013, 11:08 PM
i am buying, and have replied to your PM

Adie
25-07-2013, 11:50 PM
PM Sent

crazydriver81
26-07-2013, 02:26 PM
BUMP, replied to all PMs
TAR - are you still interested?

TAR
26-07-2013, 09:17 PM
yes, PM sent

:happy:

crazydriver81
27-07-2013, 08:52 PM
all PM's replied and first payments received. Thank you.

Parts will go out beginning next week. Depending on where you live, it may take up to two weeks to reach you (UK - 7 days / NZ - 14 days).

as usual, if you have questions, drop me a PM :)

crazydriver81
30-07-2013, 06:58 PM
for those who have paid - parcels will go to post office tomorrow morning (first to do on the way to work). Thanks for your patience guys. For those who have not completd payment - hurry up. :)

crazydriver81
30-07-2013, 07:56 PM
install guide added in post #1

Badger_01
31-07-2013, 06:24 AM
for those who have paid - parcels will go to post office tomorrow morning (first to do on the way to work). Thanks for your patience guys. For those who have not completd payment - hurry up. :)

Just paid, getting paid fortnightly sucks haha

crazydriver81
31-07-2013, 08:18 AM
all paid and sent out. Thanks for your support chaps! :)

Gly
31-07-2013, 09:00 AM
brilliant, cant wait, thanks for organising this. rep given :)

crazydriver81
04-08-2013, 07:31 PM
thanks for the rep Carsten.

Guys, please let me know, when you have receivd the fuel rail loops. And if you wish, write a comment to help others to decide for or against this mod. :)

to one of the moderators: can someone please change the prefix from "EOI" to "GB" and alter the title to "large bore fuel rail loops". This will help people to find the thread easier. Sorry for the inconvinience and Thanks. :D

TAR
06-08-2013, 11:06 AM
received my rail today. I probably won't get to fit it for a little while yet though.
Thanks Stefan.

crazydriver81
06-08-2013, 01:03 PM
Now that was quick. :) Hope you are happy dude. Please read the instructions carefully before start of installation. :D

received my rail today. I probably won't get to fit it for a little while yet though.
Thanks Stefan.

crazydriver81
08-08-2013, 08:22 AM
an important advice for all of the buyers - please clean out the loop before installation! I have had some filings inside the loop which came out only with compressed air, not with brake cleaner!

This is also described in the install guide, but just in case somebody does not read carefully...

Colin Wiltshire
08-08-2013, 04:36 PM
Mine arrived, well collected from post office yesterday. Thanks

Just to check, the tube I received is around 10-15mm longer on 1 side, is this correct?

TAR
08-08-2013, 05:09 PM
Just to check, the tube I received is around 10-15mm longer on 1 side, is this correct?

Yes that's correct.

Colin Wiltshire
08-08-2013, 07:19 PM
Yes that's correct.

:) that's a relief, Thanks

crazydriver81
08-08-2013, 07:48 PM
Glad you received it as well Colin. The slightly longer side has to be fitted to the rear bank. ;)

Gly
21-08-2013, 01:10 AM
Badger_01 Adie

the NZ ones have arrived and will pick them up tonight on my way home,
If you can confirm you postage address that would be great, otherwise it will be going to the address Stefan has provided me.

they will be going out with courier post and REQUIRE signature for delivery.
so if you need to change address nows your chance.

they will be couriered out Thursday afternoon,

crazydriver81
21-08-2013, 11:49 AM
Good to know and thanks to you Gly for taking care of the postage in NZ.

Gly
21-08-2013, 08:37 PM
no problem, glad i could help.

Badger_01
23-08-2013, 06:59 AM
Mine turned up today.

Cheers Stefan and Carsten :)

Rep for the both of you :)

crazydriver81
23-08-2013, 07:03 AM
Glad you are happy Reece :D

Gowf
27-08-2013, 11:54 AM
Gowf did similar too - he certainly ran the rails in parallel but I'm not sure how he made the connections.

He certainly did. Quite simply a parallel feed. Split the stock feed pipe using AN fittings and then bring it back together at the other end prior to the FPR. Good but costly as the fittings are the most expensive bit (around £300ish if I remember). But then you can go the full hog and run two 044's in parallel to feed a bank individually.... but I dont know of anyone who would need such a set up

SLX
29-05-2014, 05:02 PM
Any of these left?

crazydriver81
29-05-2014, 07:52 PM
Any of these left? Unfortunately not. But they are still availble from 3SX in the US...

Adam.Findlay
31-05-2014, 10:19 AM
SLX I can mod a set of stock fuel rails for you if you supply me some stock ones to modify

http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/v...408_220331.jpg

Colin Wiltshire
06-06-2015, 05:03 PM
Has any one had any issues fitting this? I done this today as well as injector seals and baskets. car is running extremely rich and hardly running.