PDA

View Full Version : Omg plz give me all your opions/need your help

kimbo
03-07-2013, 05:36 PM
Hey every one... I own a 2000 model VR4 Legnum Wagon Auto.... I have had no problems what so ever with gear box.. Until one day I went to drive it and it seemed a little rough changing into reverse... Drove fine for a few days then it would jump from drive to neutral when driving along... Got a service done on it... And is still doing it... I have notice when the car is cold it drives perfectly fine then after about 15 minutes or so when it us warned up the problem is back... Could someone plz give me some ideas of what it could or might be.... Thanx from Oz

elnevio
03-07-2013, 05:48 PM
What did the service entail? Has the gearbox ATF been changed?

That would be my first port of call - the condition and colour of the ATF.

However, it may well be something to do with the selector cable, either at the end on the top of the gearbox, or perhaps at the shifter end.

Does it jump out of gear when you are in tiptronic?

Louis
03-07-2013, 06:43 PM
does the car go into 3rd gear with the neutral light flashing?

kimbo
04-07-2013, 03:46 PM
Than x so very much for your advice... No the neutral light does not flash at all... when it pops out of gear none of the the lights appear when this happens... the machanic drained the ATF out replace it with new ATF that is recomend for my car... he said that the gear box looked ok... nothing to report about oil... just needed changing... I will get someone to check the select or cable and let u know the out come.... If u can think of any thing else just let me know... once again thank you for your replied...

exevoowner
04-07-2013, 07:31 PM
If he just drained the oil then change your machinic as it needs full flush and dont the face lifts have internal filter ?

elnevio
04-07-2013, 07:40 PM
All the gearboxes have an internal filter. It's just that most of the facelift boxes don't also have an external filter like the PFLs do.

The partial change of oil would have had some noticeable effect if bad oil was causing the problem in the first place, I would have thought.

MarkSanne
05-07-2013, 12:58 PM
Dreaded wave spring on it's way out perhaps?