PDA

View Full Version : Evo FMIC fitting to VR-4

jjayokocha
06-07-2013, 04:07 PM
I snapped up a decent Evo fmic the other day for £40, thought I would start a thread for anyone considering doing the same. My car is a Legnum VR-4 98 FL.

Pic 1 - This is almost perfect to get away with using the stock ic hose except one end is 2" id & other 2.5" - Order 90 degree bend with both ends 63mm id

Pic 2 - Evo fmic just hanging on for hose measurements

Pic 3 - Stock FL ic & Evo ( I will have to cut off the original evo brackets and have custom ones done)

Pic 4 - Crash bar refitted with no cutting needed.

Pic 5 - Overhead view of evo fmic sitting in place.

Pic 6 - Closer overhead view of evo fmic in place showing gap between it and chassis & lower bonnet catch bolt/bracket.

Pic 7 - Side view of evo fmic in place

Pic 8 - Hot side FL pipe (can I cut this and just use a 45 degree bend with both ends 63mm id?)

jjayokocha
02-08-2013, 09:30 PM
Today I received my 90 degree (63mm id) with 150mm each leg & a 45 degree (63mm id) with 150mm each leg. Seems to be plenty of hose, £26incl delivery for both. Tomorrow is the attempt to fit it, judging by what I think I should only have to cut the hotside pipe and the 45 bend from fmic straight onto it.

crazydriver81
03-08-2013, 08:23 AM
Looking forward to see the result. :)

jjayokocha
03-08-2013, 03:19 PM
Right well its all in and working perfect :) I had to cut the original fl hot side pipe but the 45 degree hose with 150mm each leg is perfect and no need for any joiners. I kept the part I cut off incase I need to put the std fmic back on.

Hers a couple of pics to show it, the pas cooler fit in front of it although I will respray it to match the evo fmic. Don't mind my front bumper it needs a respray but I want rid of them 2 bars sitting in the middle of it.

So the cost for my upgrade fmic was - Evo fmic used £40, 1 x 90 degree silicone hose 63mm ID & 1 x 45 degree 63mm ID both with 150mm legs £26.

Grand total of £66 :)