PDA

View Full Version : WTB Drivers Side Recaro Rail for EC5W Legnum

dwarfmarine
07-07-2013, 01:01 PM
Hey guys,
After a Drivers side Recaro rail to fit a IXMR Evo Recaro into my Legnum.

NSW Preferred but will consider internationally.
Genuine preferred obviously, but will consider the imitations if no genuines appear.

Regards, Cameron

Adam.Findlay
07-07-2013, 01:44 PM
good luck!
ive been on the hunt for one of these to make a pair with the passenger side rail I have for over a year now. seems when ever someone has one they dont want to sell it without the seat, or split the pair.

CANDEE
07-07-2013, 09:13 PM
Im sure that you can buy them brand new still.

Hit Justin @ Amamyama up.

crazydriver81
07-07-2013, 10:02 PM
Best option will be yahoo japan auctions. At least the quickest option IMO.

There are two ways to fit the seat into your car: 1. OE Recaro seat rails from a Super VR-4 / 2. aftermarket rails from Bride or Recaro

Please be informed that OE Mitsi Recaro rails with Evo seats will raise the seat position. If you are a tall person, you surely want to go for aftermarket Bride rails.

CANDEE
07-07-2013, 11:19 PM
I have the Bride rails Stefan. ;)

The only issue with them in AUS is that they arent ADR approved, so oem is the best way to go. I believe the aftermarket Recaro rails have the same issue as oem with height issues.

dwarfmarine
07-07-2013, 11:32 PM
Okay thanks guys,

Yeah they've popped up once in a blue moon for sale, I don't mind buying a pair if I have to(will get a passenger seat eventually)
But for now drivers is a priority

Yeah Jeremy they can be had brand new(a local 4x4 shop is a Recaro dealer, but they wanted $350+ each side last time I checked)

Regarding the height, how high does it raise it with the Evo seat? I am 6 ft tall, but there's plenty of headroom left of stock seats.

So Bride rails will work? Any particular one, I notice there's a couple of styles, do these have 'universal' seat mount locations?
I have seen Bride rails more often
I want to avoid the imitation 'Recaro Style' rail if possible.

CANDEE
07-07-2013, 11:56 PM
I have Bride MO's in mine with Honda SR3's.

They are supposed to work with the OEM Sr's but cant confirm as they have a different bolting pattern to the Honda ones.

I had issues with the factory recaro's with headroom with a helmet on(no sun roof), and the Bride ones are very touch and go as well even with the rails being lower. Though this may be due to it being a Galant, not a Legnum which apparently have better headroom.

dwarfmarine
08-07-2013, 01:01 AM
Okay thanks, so type MO is the equivalent height to a factory Recaro rail?
should most Bride rail types be available for EC5A/W floorpan? I had a quick look on a Jap part site and they didn't list EC5 as a floorpan for any rail types at all?

CANDEE
08-07-2013, 05:08 AM
No the MO is 20-30mm lower than factory recaro rails.

There are different types for different types of seat and the MO is for the SR recaro's.

The mitsi listing is here: http://www.bride-jp.com/images/download/cartype-table/mitsubishi.pdf

I would link you to the tee-usa site(tees own Bride), but it wont let me in.

dwarfmarine
08-07-2013, 08:13 AM
Sweet, thanks a heap!
i was trying to find a parts listing everywhere(i was on my iphone before mind you)

So the part number sequence for the Rails is M### then the rail type?

Ie M###RO?

now to find an Aussie distrubuter (and translate that page you linked to English)

llll have to measure up the mount locations on the Recaro and find a suitable Bride rail

Vertical is Top to bottom
Horizontal is left to right for the measurements, is that correct?

Thanks Heaps Jeremy!

CANDEE
08-07-2013, 09:10 AM
It goes MOxx, ROxx etc.

Our ones are xx37 & xx38, so I have MO37 & MO38's.

The thing to measure is the bolt spacing, thats what will determine whether they fit or not. I tried the factory recaro's against the MO's and there was no way that they would bolt up, but the evo recaro's could be different. :)

Its a huge pita that the Tees site isnt working as everything is laid out nice including the manuals etc. If you can work it out from this it might help - http://www.bride-jp.com/images/download/seatrail/SEAT-RAIL_ALL.pdf

dwarfmarine
08-07-2013, 09:12 AM
Ergh, this is turning out to be a nightmare!

My Recaro has mounting points at 405mm width(left to right) and 302-3ishmm Front to back

None of the Bride Rails match up to those- 405 is fine, but none reach to 300+, they all finish at 260mm length, and Recaro only list the actual seats on their website/s, no brochure with Rail part numbers or mount locations at all...

CANDEE
08-07-2013, 09:27 AM
Have a talk to Macca on Ozvr4 as he purchased recaro rails for his Recaro's, he might be able to steer you in the right direction. :)

dwarfmarine
08-07-2013, 09:44 AM
cheers, Will do