PDA

View Full Version : MMCS English disc lead

dickytim
01-02-2005, 07:57 AM
I was speaking to a gentleman form Turbosmart at the nationals yesterday, he mensioned a friend of his form a Car audio place had done some work on the MMCS system and may have created a disc for them, I will be calling them tommorow and let you know....PS, cost is likely to be $600NZD :(

Kieran
01-02-2005, 03:30 PM
Oh wow!

Keep us updated!!!

Wow! MMCS in English.......

:-b :-b

dickytim
03-02-2005, 08:07 AM
Denied, spoke to Brian form Madsoundz today and he confirmed they did try to do something a while ago only to find the disc ONLY contains the maps, the rest is kept on a ROM drive and CANNOT be altered, ie Japanesse all the way, He did offer to sell me a Japaneese phrase book tho !!!!

Kieran
03-02-2005, 08:48 PM
Did they know in what format the map data is stored on those Sumitomo MMCS CDs? (the one that goes in the sat-nav box)? Or, more to the point, is it in NAVIKEN format or some weirdo Mitsubishi-proprieatry system?

dickytim
04-02-2005, 05:34 AM
The ****ty mitsi only system.

Kieran
05-02-2005, 08:52 PM
What a surprise!!!!

ARSE!:veryangry:

warrior40
02-03-2005, 07:06 PM
I was speaking to a gentleman form Turbosmart at the nationals yesterday, he mensioned a friend of his form a Car audio place had done some work on the MMCS system and may have created a disc for them, I will be calling them tommorow and let you know....PS, cost is likely to be $600NZD :(
just got my ec5w 1996 from the docks ,like new,very
low miles full serice history spot on ,Only snag mmcs full jap mode let me know
abt the disc for english converion ,warrior 40

Legnum Boy
02-03-2005, 10:08 PM
There is NO way of converting the Sat Nav / Japanese text to English.
I had the MMCS for a year and tried, in vain, to get it converted for the duration. :sad3:

Mine eventually broke, so I swapped it out for the standard non-MMCS dash with built-in aircon controller. Much happier now.... :thumbsup: