PDA

View Full Version : Front bumper options

jjayokocha
16-07-2013, 10:32 PM
Finally fitting my evo fmic next week but the FL front bumper is very restrictive especially the 2 parts coming from bottom to the number plate in the middle, I want to get a bumper that leaves the fmic able fully breath, what are my options? Would love the evo x style

Davezj
17-07-2013, 12:25 AM
you could cut the original bumper and fit new mesh grill.

i have just done this on my car but mine is PFL so it is easier to do than a fl bumper.

jjayokocha
17-07-2013, 12:58 AM
The mesh dont bother me cause id rather it without it, but its the part in the middle i have marked in red. yes i could just cut them off but im left the bottom with two holes then

Davezj
17-07-2013, 01:14 AM
yes on a faclift you would have to cut them flush and do so fibre glassing to fill the holes in.
personally i would go for a uk number plate and mount it in the middle of the front bumper under the grill, this will leave the max of intercooler exposed to cold air.
i also fitted extra fans to pull the air through the intercooler and allow the rad fans to pull that air through the air con condenser and the rad.

Gly
17-07-2013, 08:13 AM
unless the cars sole purpose is racing i think you'll notice none to extremely little difference with or without those bits. personally ive just left them there,

more of the IC is covered by the crash bar/lower part off the bumper. than those tiny bits

as the pfl bumper just dosent do it for me,
and im not going down the fibreglass route again, just to easily broken.

jjayokocha
17-07-2013, 08:30 AM
I ripped my air con out a long time ago as previous owner looked like he ran over a cow or something judging by the size of the hole in it, is the evo x style bumper not for sale anymore?

paulg23
20-07-2013, 08:37 PM
Mesh is, I believe, fitted to stop stones, rocks, etc from destroying your intercooler.