PDA

View Full Version : Dissatisfaction with dealer

skipjack
02-02-2005, 10:00 AM
My legnum died on me, and I had to get towed to the Mitsi dealer in Bath. I told them I thought it might be the immobiliser unit to the fuel pump playing up and would they like me to contact the person who fitted it to see where it might be. Of course they needed to do a diagnostic check etc. To cut a it short, it took them 7 hours to find that it was the immobiliser unit, which they duly bypassed.
Generously. they offered to reduce by half the hours which I 'gratefully 'accepted before I discovered they charged a premium for imports. £80.00 per hour!! Has anyone else been charged extra for the privelege I wonder? Also, the asc light is now flashing. Could it be that they have dislodged the plug to the unit or a wire in their searching for the original problem?

Spirit
02-02-2005, 10:35 PM
Sounds like they are a bunch of robbing b*stards to me mate !!

Not heard of anyone being charged extra for an import, and at our place (VW) we only charge £65 per hour for the "Luxury Cars" i.e. Touareg/Phaeton and some of these cost £50 - £60k !!!

ileonc
02-02-2005, 11:33 PM
Don't know what Mitsy head office would say if they found out about that...

I never have been charged loads for a service and to be honest they should've checked that it was what you thought it was before charging you the earth.

Definately phone up the citizens advice bureau and also try to contact Mitsy head office, if they side with you they may be able to bring some pressure on the franchised dealer. I just that with an Aprilia dealer who tried to charge me double for a service, the UK Aprilia HQ phoned the dealer who then halved the bill.

Definately fight your corner!

skipjack
03-02-2005, 09:35 AM
Thanks for the replies. Let's see what happens.

Spirit
03-02-2005, 10:32 AM
:topic: - Clive, we are planning to arrange another Dartmeet soon (on a Sunday), and already have 5 or 6 confirmed attendees - was hoping you would be up for it too ? Can you PM me to let me know

Pete

nick-f1
03-02-2005, 09:36 PM
My legnum died on me, and I had to get towed to the Mitsi dealer in Bath.

I hope this was not literally towed but transported? Or at least not far, towing winds up the FWD transmission. :sad3:

skipjack
06-02-2005, 11:15 AM
It was towed as per the instructions in the manual and it was only about 2 miles luckily. What does that actually mean (winds up the 4wd?). Will pm regarding the Dart meet.

D.J
07-02-2005, 01:10 PM
Mitsubishi uk will probably do nothing if you were to complain. Seems unless it's a uk car they're not overly bothered.

skipjack
07-02-2005, 03:12 PM
you're right there. Just had a reply that as they are a franchised independant deale, Mitsubishi regret they are unable to help. At least they put in the ''regret'.. Oh well, be warned, Platinum Mitsubishi in Bath are .... !