PDA

View Full Version : HKS springs??

Neil1985
10-08-2013, 11:43 AM
I'm at euro spec getting my springs changed for the tein spring but I have HKS on already. Does any one know if these are stock or aftermarket and how much they lowered it?

There being changed any way. But just don't want to go higher.

Nick Mann
10-08-2013, 01:59 PM
They are not stock. Finding info on hks springs is very difficult!

Neil1985
10-08-2013, 04:01 PM
I've been searching for the last couple of hours and nothing. Ben did say that the tein are better overall. The hks are a lot thicker. Don't think there's any difference in ride hight though.

Adam.Findlay
12-08-2013, 12:22 AM
online info is not easy to find, best just to measure the free legnth and then maby you could get the spring rates measured at a local suspension place to see what the rates are compared to stock,
i think the stock springs are roughly 5kg/mm front and 3kg/mm rear.

disco-ian
03-09-2013, 06:08 PM
Hi Neil,
Received the springs today.

Just a little confused (was searching round the forum to see if I can find which is front and rear) and found this post. How did you find out what springs they were?

Ian

Neil1985
04-09-2013, 08:24 AM
Well eurospec in Guildford removed them for me as they were on my leggy as I bought some TEINS from Colin Wiltshire. But didn't realise I had the hks on as I wanted to drop it more. But They put the TEINS on any way but didn't lower it. It raised it. I just bought some coilovers in the end but was going to stick the hks ones back on as there better IMHO.

I found a bit on info on them when I looked and they did make them for the Legnum/ Galant but now they don't. There a 40/50mm drop. That's about all I know. But Ben said there guinuine.

That's all I know.