PDA

View Full Version : Boost solinoid factory plumbing help

golden
11-08-2013, 09:39 PM
im only getting 5/6 psi at the moment so i think i may have put the vacuum pipes in wrong ( i swapped the engine in my Legnum vr4 about a month ago now in PFL MANUAL)

can anyone please advice on the correct plubing to the boost solinoid and fuel pressure solinoid, leading to the 2 vac/boost ports just before the throttlebody.

thanks in advance for any help! oh and the one pipe still has its original red tape at the end if that help to explain lol

:)

Adam.Findlay
12-08-2013, 12:17 AM
red tipped pipe (which has a restrictor pill in it so cannot be swapped for plain vac hose) goes from the pre-throttle plate pipe into a T piece which goes one leg into the wastegate acuators for each turbo and the other leg goes into the boost control solenoid. the second barb on the boost control soln connects into the pre-turbo pipework.
you will only see 5-7 psi of boost if your engine was factory auto PFL due to the autos having a restrictor pill inside the solenoid. this is easyily removed however with a thin piece of wire

golden
12-08-2013, 02:34 AM
ok cool,thanks for that i think i have my red tape pipe plumbed right..., the car is a factory manual so i believe its slightly higher boost? engine was swapped due to big end bearings (only had the car 6 days before it went! so wasn't looked after) but as i used the new engines piping ill check to see if the restrictor is in there as it was from an auto
Does the solenoids have an in/out or dosnt that matter wich way round they go?

oh and just to check the boost solenoid is black and fuel pressure solinoid is brown?

cheers