PDA

View Full Version : Front camber adjusting

eve_volution
14-08-2013, 03:57 AM
thread closed, thanks for all the reply.. really help me a lot.

WOODY72
14-08-2013, 04:56 PM
There is no point in going past factory settings, you will not make the road holding any better, just wear out your front tyres quicker!

Davezj
14-08-2013, 06:54 PM
The product look very good but it is $170 per side for for the fronts alone.
I am not saying you need this product it just looks like a good product.

Gly
15-08-2013, 01:10 AM
wont work, your trying for neg camber,

that kit corrects neg camber and straightens it up.
and as you can see by the design off it it just cant be turned around.

SEAN-NZ
15-08-2013, 03:23 AM
just lower the car, thatl give you camber and better handling

eve_volution
15-08-2013, 12:14 PM
Gly: ahhh.. i see.. thank you gly.. almost considering to buy those things..
@sean: i already lower my car a bit with H&R sport spring, maybe later will change it to coilover and then lower it a bit more.. :D

Davezj
15-08-2013, 01:49 PM
the product design in general looks good, the specific camber adjuster to what you want will be available in there very extensive catalogue on line it probably will not list the jap cars but i am sure there will be one that will fit and do what you want, there are lots to choose from.
they do almost every option you could possibly want for adjusting the wheel/suspension geometry on a car front and rear if you are prepared to pay for it.

me personally have never understood why some people say you need pillow ball top mounts for a VR4, or it is a nice thing to have, as moving the top of the shock will have no effect on the geometry of the wheel on VR4 due to the double wishbone setup. if we had macpherson struts then the shock is the upper pivot point and moving the top of the shock will move the wheel geometry, but not on a VR4.
you might slightly change the moment about which the force of the spring and shock is applied to the lower suspension arm which will change the outcome slightly, and i mean very very very slightly (you would cerntainly not be able to fell any difference when driving.) but that will only effect the amount of force required to compress the spring.

he has gone off on one of his ramdom tangental ramblings again "sorry".

eve_volution
16-08-2013, 06:34 PM
the product design in general looks good, the specific camber adjuster to what you want will be available in there very extensive catalogue on line it probably will not list the jap cars but i am sure there will be one that will fit and do what you want, there are lots to choose from.
they do almost every option you could possibly want for adjusting the wheel/suspension geometry on a car front and rear if you are prepared to pay for it.

me personally have never understood why some people say you need pillow ball top mounts for a VR4, or it is a nice thing to have, as moving the top of the shock will have no effect on the geometry of the wheel on VR4 due to the double wishbone setup. if we had macpherson struts then the shock is the upper pivot point and moving the top of the shock will move the wheel geometry, but not on a VR4.
you might slightly change the moment about which the force of the spring and shock is applied to the lower suspension arm which will change the outcome slightly, and i mean very very very slightly (you would cerntainly not be able to fell any difference when driving.) but that will only effect the amount of force required to compress the spring.

he has gone off on one of his ramdom tangental ramblings again "sorry".

thank you davez.. after i read your reply, i re-imagine the suspension sistem on my car, and i realized the shock position didnt affected the alignment of the wheel..
will think other way to do it.. :D

Louis
18-08-2013, 12:41 AM
Pillow ball top mount is much better than standard rubber bush set up. But adjustable pillow ball is useless on our suspension design.(it doesn't adjust anything).

Davezj
19-08-2013, 05:27 PM
Point taken I thought all pillow ball top mount were adjustable and that was the point of having them. Nice to know I can still Be taught a thing or two, and always good to learn something new.