PDA

View Full Version : Fault Codes

D.J
02-02-2005, 04:15 PM
Engine management light and tcl off have come back on again, took it to the local mitsi dealer to find out the root of the problem.
I was told it was showing fault codes 71 Tcl vac and 72 Tcl vent.
how do I cure these faults(dealer doesn't have the disc for the vr4)?

Physician
03-02-2005, 10:24 AM
Engine management light and tcl off have come back on again, took it to the local mitsi dealer to find out the root of the problem.
I was told it was showing fault codes 71 Tcl vac and 72 Tcl vent.
how do I cure these faults(dealer doesn't have the disc for the vr4)?

Hi DJ,

The first place I would start is as follows:

Check the connections for the traction control on the fire wall. There is a round grey cylinder which has 2 grey pipes coming off it - check that these pipes and all others, including electrical connectors, are firmly connected and haven't come loose. Obviously check the connections where these pipes lead to as well. (see yellow arrows on photo.)

Please let us know if this helps/works for our future reference - and good luck.

PLEASE NOTE MY SERVER ISN'T SYNCING AND PHOTO MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR A WHILE.

D.J
03-02-2005, 12:33 PM
no photo.
I've been doing the hoses/connections thing for a while now(seems to be a temporary fix).
The bracket to the left of the round cylinder that holds the solenoid has rubber bushes on it. Would there be any benefit from removing the bushes and hopefully taking any play out of the hoses?

KiwiMR2
23-11-2005, 10:27 AM
You ever sort this?? Im getting a error 71 & 77 (trc issue's) and have been told like you mitsi can't really do much :(

End of this thread:

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1219&highlight=traction

Cheers
KiwiMR2