PDA

View Full Version : AYC lights no longer work

wintertidenz
15-08-2013, 09:53 AM
Having a bit of a weird issue lately - for a while I had two AYC lights lighting up on startup, then only one.

The other day I started up the car after installing a new headunit and noticed that the AYC lights don't work at all now - the red light works, but that's it.

I'm thinking that something may have been bumped behind the centre console - but all plugs seem to be seated.

Does anyone know which wires are the correct ones for the AYC lights in the centre console plug cluster so I can at least test for voltage?

wintertidenz
26-08-2013, 07:36 AM
Bump - anyone?

My ABS, AYC, TCL and ASC lights no longer show. Fuses are OK, and plugs on the ECU are seated.

exevoowner
26-08-2013, 10:03 AM
If the red comes on the goes off after start up its working as for ayc bars it could be pressure switch on pump or fuild change needed ? Arnt they all linked togeather ?

Nick Mann
26-08-2013, 05:30 PM
Do you get anything with the pins to 1 to 4 flashy dash?

wintertidenz
27-08-2013, 08:16 AM
There are literally no lights at all for ABS, AYC, ASC or TCL that show - not even with the cable in to show the lights.
So no red or green bars for AYC, no skiddy car, no ABS light, and no TCL OFF light.

Badger_01
27-08-2013, 08:31 AM
Bulbs blown? If thats possible?

John TheAntique
27-08-2013, 09:35 AM
Double check the top right fuse in the cabin fuse box (above the right knee). If that is OK it seems as if there is an earth disconnect somewhere, maybe something came loose when you installed the head unit. I would check that no earth leads on the connectors have dislodged.

wintertidenz
27-08-2013, 09:36 AM
It's possible that all bulbs blew at once, or some random fuse has gone out which has killed power to that ECU.

I do have a leak on the passenger's side, so it could be a fuse issue... but for all of them to suddenly disappear is quite weird. I'm leaning more towards wiring at this stage, but I don't have the time to rip the car apart yet.

Ryan
28-08-2013, 01:58 AM
John could be on the right path with regard to a bad (loose) earth.

I had some electrical problems a few weeks ago which manifested themselves in the car basically hesitating like a mo'fo and making one of my relays buzz crazily. Replaced relays but problem continued, car was undriveable and eventually took it to an auto-electrician. Few hours later and $400 later it was diagnosed as a loose earth in the engine bay. Since then, it's as good as new.

scott.mohekey
28-08-2013, 03:04 AM
Oh yeah! I've had something similar in a previous Legnum. The alarm was doing strange things, and the engine would randomly cut out while driving. Ended up being that the negative terminal on the battery needed cleaning of corrosion.

gazmk2
28-08-2013, 10:08 PM
Bad earths cause a huge number of weird faults! If the main battery earth is not clever then the electricity will simply take the next easiest path to the chassis often switching on the component if goes through!

elnevio
28-08-2013, 10:26 PM
A seemingly-unconnected fuse in a VR-4 that has blown, often cause weird faults too. Check them ALL! /yes

wintertidenz
29-08-2013, 07:03 AM
I found my gremlin!

So I pulled all the fuses and checked them - nope, all OK. Checked battery in the boot and the resistance on the ground there - nope, that's OK as well.

I started from the ECU back across the cabin, and found that one connector was ever so slightly disconnected. I pushed them together firmly, tested - and we have lights again!

So if anyone wants to tap into the ABS, AYC, ASC or TCL lights this is the connector to do it from (the one with the orange plastic):

Nick Mann
29-08-2013, 02:34 PM
Well found! That could have taken months to figure out!

babasvr4
04-04-2014, 05:41 AM
Daniel YOU DA MAN!
This came up after I put in a new O2 sensor...would have been a cluster feck otherwise!
So glad I checked here before starting to look.
Rep for you...

John