PDA

View Full Version : How to remove front turbo

thegoose
16-08-2013, 08:07 PM
Is there a guide my ftont turbo is leaking oil so will need doing once i have some funds i was wondering how easy or hard it was?

gazmk2
16-08-2013, 09:54 PM
Same as but for the rear??

thegoose
16-08-2013, 10:04 PM
I had heard the rear was a bit of a mare Gary?

Nick Mann
16-08-2013, 10:42 PM
They can both be awkward.
Remove the rad and heat shield from the exhaust manifold. Remove the downpipes and the inlet pipework. Remove the actuator pipe. Remove the oil and water pipes from the turbo. Remove the three nuts/bolts from the turbo to manifold joint and then remove the turbo.
Sounds easy! There is a good chance that one or two of the heat shield bolts will refuse to budge....
The banjo bolts on the turbo will also leak oil and coolant when you undo them too.

thegoose
18-08-2013, 09:50 AM
Erm sounds easy.......more like a nightmare Nick if i didn't use the leggie that much i might have had a go but with limited tools i think i'd be pushing my luck especially if bolts start shearing etc think this will have to wait till funds improve :-(

gazmk2
18-08-2013, 05:30 PM
I gathered the rear turbo involves removing the transfer box?

Nick Mann
18-08-2013, 10:13 PM
It depends on how you remove the rear turbo.
If you want to remove the whole turbo then transfer box off is easier. If you are happy to remove the turbo from it's exhaust housing then you can undo the v clamp and just remove the spindle, impellers and cold side.