PDA

View Full Version : Clutch problem

ftonoob
18-08-2013, 06:11 AM
Hey guys,

I recently installed a HD clutch kit from ACT on my 6a13tt fto. The problem is if the car is cold I can't get into gear, "locked out". But, everything works just fine when the car warms up. The slave cylinder is barely moving the fork to flex the p/plate. I suspect that the master is bad. Any ideas?

Nick Mann
18-08-2013, 08:07 AM
Make sure that the clutch fluid is bled properly, they can be awkward to fully bleed and that can make a big difference to the way it works.

ftonoob
18-08-2013, 12:44 PM
:sick2: of this

ftonoob
21-08-2013, 01:18 AM
I decided to pull the master and slave cylinder and discovered busted seals in the master. After cleaning and replacing internals I bled the system and clutch worked for a while. I then decided to lengthen the shaft in the slave and that solved it somewhat. Now I have a problem of the clutch slips at 4-5K rpm so I think I have to shorten the shaft a few mm more.

I did the clutch drag test (hold clutch in and rev till car starts to roll) it held till 7K so no drag I think.

ftonoob
25-08-2013, 02:18 AM
Turns out my slave was also sticking so it was replaced but the stock actuator rod was too long so I altered a shorter rod. The problem now is it seems the clutch is slipping and I think this is due to the release bearing riding the p/plate. Is there some adjustment I can make?

Adam.Findlay
25-08-2013, 07:48 AM
what clutch exactly was it. I assume its a 6a13tt in an fto so i guess you wont be using the 240mm pull clutch as stock in a VR4

ftonoob
25-08-2013, 07:33 PM
Nah push but what I suspect is I have been bleeding the hydraulics incorrectly and causing air to be trapped in the system.

I'm going to try these instructions http://www.teamrip.com/how_to_properly_bleed_a_hydraulic_clutch_info.html