PDA

View Full Version : Evoscan

exevoowner
23-08-2013, 01:12 PM
This may have been covered but cant see it anywere if i get a notbook hooked up to my in car screen can i run evoscan in the gauge mode i have one of those cheap leads off flebay and would the ecu light flash ?

Confused
23-08-2013, 01:32 PM
Whenever I hook up my cheap VAGCOM KXL cable (the transparent blue one that's about £5) I get the flashy dash.

exevoowner
23-08-2013, 01:44 PM
Mmm wounder if its disable able or may have to add switch to turn it off lol

TAR
23-08-2013, 08:42 PM
the flashy dash will stop when you go over 5mph, at least it does with my evoscan obdII cable plugged in.

:happy:

exevoowner
23-08-2013, 09:32 PM
Never thought of that will have to try it n see would mean unpluging for mot tho

Davezj
24-08-2013, 03:26 PM
i seem to remember a thread about this and it is possible to stop the falshy dash by removing a pin on the cable, i think it has something to do with the access to the other ecu's in the car as well.
i think it goes something like this,
remove pin 9 and the flashy dash stops but also allows you to interigate the ayc and abs ecu with a VAGcom cheap cable. i think, but don't quote me on this.
you will need to confirm this, as it is just a distant memory for me.

i have been using an open port 2.0 cable for the last 3 years ish so i could be wrong.
possibly search on "pin 9" and it might come up with something.

i have been searching the forum since i posted this up and have found why pin 9 is removed or scapped off.
see this post for details.

http://ozvr4.com/forums/showthread.php?461-Data-Loggers-%28EvoScan-Mitsulogger-DataLogLab%29&p=118700&viewfull=1#post118700

bascically subaru use this pin as part of there ecu flashing process, we do not use this pin for anything on a VR4. Pin 9 on a vr4 can cause interferance on the cable when reading the ayc, abs ecu. so on a vr4 you can remove pin 9 to ensure you have uninterupted logging of the ayc and abs ecu on the cheap VAGcom cable.
some of the the openport cables have a micro computer in the cable which an disable the pin 9 interferance without having to remove the actual pin.

exevoowner
24-08-2013, 09:31 PM
cheers dave will give it a go lol

wintertidenz
25-08-2013, 04:13 AM
Removing pin 9 will not stop the flashy dash. The only way to do it is to rig up an external switch to prevent pins 1 and 4 from being grounded (as you have to do this on a VAGCom cable). The only caveat is that you can't talk to the ECU without these pins bridged.

Davezj
25-08-2013, 11:46 AM
I have been thinking about this and i seem to remember in the later versions of evoscan, there is an option in one of the menus that allows you to switch off the flashy dash, possibly under the file menu, I don't know if this will work with a VAGcom cable as stated above. I am not 100% sure of this but it is worth checking for as it would be the easiest way of doing it.
I know there were features put in the evo scan menus that did not work or did not actually get implemented in the code but the menu placeholder were put in for future development. It is one of those nice things to have but not something you rush it implement before a new version release.
I will check this when I get back to my laptop, no evoscan on my iPad.
I am current using version 2.9 I don't know if it is the latest version or not.

Yes I have checked it and there is an option under the logging menu that says, and I quote,
"Disable Mitsubishi dashboard flashing lights (also you should disconnect pin9 for AYC/ABS support too)"

I have not tested this feature so it might not work at all or it might just be with an openport cable or it might even work with a VAGcom cable, worth trying.

wintertidenz
26-08-2013, 07:00 AM
I think you need a proper OpenPort 1.3 or 2.0 cable to disable the flashy light, as we have to bridge the connector internally. The proper cables have a transistor to do this, which can be triggered by the software.