PDA

View Full Version : some help please (boost controller)

ShadyNZer
03-02-2005, 03:06 AM
i recently purchased a blitz dual sbc from trade me, is there anything i need to do to my car b4 i get this thing installed??

heres the auction:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/structure/auction_detail.asp?id=21688300

from the pictures on the link, is everything there that i need? or did i get ripped off?
i read around that someone here had one of these on their car so hopefully i get good use out of it and didn buy a crap one :-( so yer, any help would be primo..

cheers in advance...

Kenneth
03-02-2005, 03:47 AM
The Blitz Dual Solenoid Boost Controller R (DSBC Spec R) has four programmable boost settings or various levels of boost. Thisboost controller features a built-in boost gauge, peak boost display, four different boost settings, boost warning, scramble boost, and a boost limiter safety feature to prevent over-boosting. The Blitz DSBC Spec R Boost Controller uses a dual solenoid design for maximum boost response, capable of handling boost up to 2.5 bar (36 psi). The Blitz DSBC Spec R Boost Controller is 1/4 Din size and is campatible with internal actuators and external waste-gates. As an entry-level electronic boost controller, the Blitz Dual Solenoid Boost Controller S (DSBC Spec S) offers the same functionality as its counterpart the Blitz DSBC Spec R. The difference between the DSBC Spec R and Spec S is the solenoid design - Spec R uses a "dual solenoid" while the Spec S utilizes a " single solenoid" design.

from here (http://www.nolimitmotorsport.com/blitz/boost-dsbc.html)

looks like you did OK if you look at the prices.

Shouldn't be too hard to fit to the VR-4, the only problem may be if there is no wiring harness for it and no instructions.

You shouldn't need to do anything to your car before installing, and install should not be too hard. you might need some extra vacumme/boost hose though

Kenneth
03-02-2005, 03:59 AM
Oh, and if you want someone to give you a hand installing it, I should be able to help you out.

AllBeItMine
03-02-2005, 04:20 AM
Oh, and if you want someone to give you a hand installing it, I should be able to help you out.

seconds that. if you are in auckland.

Kenneth
03-02-2005, 04:23 AM
seconds that. if you are in auckland.

lol, true... gotta be in auckland for my help too

EDIT: Unless you pay for gas :D

AllBeItMine
03-02-2005, 04:34 AM
lol, true... gotta be in auckland for my help too

EDIT: Unless you pay for gas :D

hey - maybe you and me could get together over a few beers and see if we can get my profecE01 in the car in one try :-p

Kenneth
03-02-2005, 04:54 AM
hey - maybe you and me could get together over a few beers and see if we can get my profecE01 in the car in one try :-p

Yep, no reason why not... :-b

You got the install instructions?

AllBeItMine
03-02-2005, 05:07 AM
Yep, no reason why not... :-b

You got the install instructions?

well, its new, in the box so i assume so, plus i got a pretty good pdf off the net.

Kenneth
03-02-2005, 09:38 AM
well, its new, in the box so i assume so, plus i got a pretty good pdf off the net.

yeah, that should be plenty. should probably pm me, or get me on MSN or ICQ instead of hijacking this thread though :lipsrseal :$

Spirit
03-02-2005, 10:45 AM
I have the Spec S (as do a couple others) and am very pleased with it for the amount it cost. Decided I didn't need the Spec R at the time as the VR4 cannot cope with above the Spec S solenoid capability anyhow.

I have to say there are better controllers out there, but like anything you get what you pay for. Once installed the controller itself is easy to set up and use ongoing, as you can save four different settings which makes life easy to make quick adjustments (especially this time of year when the air is much cooler in the UK so to prevent spikes above boost cut I just turn the dial back to one of my lower settings).

I have mine set up with settings around 0.7, 0.8, 0.85 and 1.0 bar - easy to set back to 0.7 for when the wife drives it then ;)

ShadyNZer
04-02-2005, 02:52 AM
cheers for the help and the offers to help put it in, ratsh!t im not in aucks at the mo and wont be for a lil while so ill prolly get someone down here to chuck it in for me....thanx again tho....so i can pretty much install it with standard mods then....sweet