PDA

View Full Version : rear diff and ayc fluid change

benandy92
02-09-2013, 03:30 PM
hi there just wondering if anyone knows if there is anywhere in Hertfordshire that would replace my rear diff and do a AYC fluid change I have the replacement diff it just needs fitting

If this is in the wrong place then could someone promptly move it

Many thanks
Ben

elnevio
02-09-2013, 04:05 PM
hi there just wondering if anyone knows if there is anywhere in Hertfordshire that would replace my rear diff and do a AYC fluid change I have the replacement diff it just needs fitting

Many thanks
Ben

Eurospec in Guildford or Nick Mann in Redditch. Both respected members on here that know their stuff. Might be a little far for you though.

Erni902
02-09-2013, 09:56 PM

Many thanks
Ben

Hi buddy, check out post. It has step by step guides to change all the fluids yourself and is very helpful.

I changed the transfer box and rear diff oils myself using this guide having never done this before. This was extremely easy and saved me a load of cash and the car was off the road for a total of about 1hr.

Failing that like Nev said give Nick Mann or Eurospec a call and they will be able to square you away. If you fancied a trip to Northants I could square the Rear diff oil for you although I am no mechanic so can offer no guarantee lol.

Hope this helps bud

Rikki

gadboy007
02-09-2013, 10:03 PM
/duh
Hi buddy, check out post. It has step by step guides to change all the fluids yourself and is very helpful.

I changed the transfer box and rear diff oils myself using this guide having never done this before. This was extremely easy and saved me a load of cash and the car was off the road for a total of about 1hr.

Failing that like Nev said give Nick Mann or Eurospec a call and they will be able to square you away. If you fancied a trip to Northants I could square the Rear diff oil for you although I am no mechanic so can offer no guarantee lol.

Hope this helps bud

Rikki

/duh
Read his post properly numpty!! :d

elnevio
03-09-2013, 05:48 AM
What's wrong with the original diff? Completely busted?

benandy92
03-09-2013, 04:14 PM
Thanks for the offer rikki but I've spoken to eurospec and they can do it for a reasonable price :) and yea its completely shot every half trun of the rim or so a massive clunk comes from the rear and is the sound of metal that shouldn't be clunking aha I have the complete rear diff ready to fit I just need it doing as I don't have the tools myself other wise I would
Many thanks

elnevio
03-09-2013, 11:16 PM
Yes, sounds like more than just a fluid change required!! :rolleyes4