PDA

View Full Version : WTB Carbon stereo surround and air-con controller

mcbrood
04-09-2013, 01:07 PM
hi all, the screen on my mmcs has died, so I am looking for either of the following:

- Functional MMCS double din unit OR

- Carbon style dash surround (just the middle bit for around the stereo and aircon) with standard Air-con controller up top and double DIN space below. Ideally I could swap for my carbon MMCS dash surround.

Cheers.

Andrew10
05-09-2013, 01:37 AM
Hey mate I have almost what you are after. It comes with the small aircon unit, radio brackets and pocket and dash surround however its a PFL woodgrain but you could paint it black or something until you can source a carbon one you can have it all for $20. Just to confirm you already have the dash surround in photo 2 ea 6411564116

mcbrood
05-09-2013, 08:46 AM
Hey thanks for your generous offer. I will give it a few days to see if anyone comes forward with a carbon one, and if not I will PM you to take you up on it. You are correct, the one on the right is what I have currently. Ironically I spent a while trying to track it down (used to have the woodgrain which was a pretty bad clash with a red leather interior), but not much good now that the MMCS is bung. Cheers.

Andrew10
06-09-2013, 09:15 AM
No worries mate. ill keep an eye out for some carbon consoles in the meantime

mcbrood
09-09-2013, 02:14 AM
Hey can I ask - have the wires at the back of the AC control unit all been chopped? Cheers.

Andrew10
10-09-2013, 10:46 AM
Yes they have but you can just unplug the cut wires and plug yours in. Cheers

mattnz
11-09-2013, 06:28 AM
Hiya, I'm about to convert mine from MMCS, and have a functional MMCS unit. It does have a cosmetic issue in that the frame thing (maybe masking the touch screen sensors?) is cracked at the bottom.

It works fine, and I would imagine that you may be able to switch the frame with your unit's, but I'll have to check.

mcbrood
18-09-2013, 12:30 PM
Hey Matt,

Thanks for the offer, but I have already secured a carbon dash from trademe, andrew's (above) aircon controller and mounts, and bought a new headunit, so I am good to go for a conversion as well.

Cheers.