PDA

View Full Version : Over Boosting?

Tanga
05-09-2013, 09:40 PM
Morning Guys! (and Gals)

So... My car should run stock boost 7psi, on my way to work this morning I was having a play and put it in tiptronic 5th on the motorway and gave it full gas and it shot up to 10psi then dropped back to 7/8psi. Is this all good or is something beginning to clap out?

I know it wont kill itself hitting 10psi but the fact that it hit that when it should only go to 7?!?!?

Cheers :)

Davezj
05-09-2013, 10:29 PM
That sounds normal to me.
It will probably over boost in 4th and 5th.
10psi is not very much of an over boost really.

Mine boost is set to 1.3 bar and it over boost to 1.5bar - 1.6bar in 4th & 5th. I know it is not quite the same as your situation, and I have ebc fitted. But thought I would mention it.

Tanga
05-09-2013, 11:08 PM
That sounds normal to me.
It will probably over boost in 4th and 5th.
10psi is not very much of an over boost really.

Mine boost is set to 1.3 bar and it over boost to 1.5bar - 1.6bar in 4th & 5th. I know it is not quite the same as your situation, and I have ebc fitted. But thought I would mention it.

yea cheers, sounds like im just being a noob (never had a turbo car) ohwell come at me 10psi!! :P

Davezj
05-09-2013, 11:34 PM
You will get used to it.
And then want more, and more, and more, you just have to know when to stop.
Before it cost you stupid amounts of money. Just stay the right side of that line and it makes perfect sense to do a few basic mods.
But you need to get used to your car before doing anything. learn to love it, then love it some more when you start modding.

Subaru ETA
06-09-2013, 05:40 AM
As said seems perfectly fine. You will get a bit of a spike when you gun it in the higher gears.

As a side mine ran 15psi and would spike to just under 20psi

Badger_01
06-09-2013, 06:22 AM
You will get used to it.
And then want more, and more, and more, you just have to know when to stop.

This. I have a cheapie mbc fitted and its only at 10psi, but now I feel like Im driving a normal car haha. Oh well, couple more things to buy and the boost shall go up :D