PDA

View Full Version : duel boost controller installation

devilvr4
07-09-2013, 09:33 AM
hi guys

ive just purchased a duel high /low boost controller and want to install this but unsure when i hook it up to does anyone know or have adiagram of where to hook this up it is a manual boost controller .....

do i need too connect both up or just run it off the main turbo ???i think it might be the back one just a lil unsre..

might help if i explain what i have its a 1997 mitsi galant vr4 2.5 twin turbo ...

also whats the max PSI i can run on the stanrad turbos can they handle 14 PSI or is that to much are they seqentual turbos ???

any help wowuld much appreciated ...

Nick Mann
07-09-2013, 09:57 AM
Have a look at this thread:
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?26996
About post 4 or 5 shows the 6A13TT specific diagram. The turbos are parallel, not sequential. Asking what the safe boost limit is is tricky to answer. How high a wall can you jump off without breaking your legs? What about just hurting them a bit? And another person will have different answers. Boost will depend on the condition of your engine, turbos, ignition system etc. Having said that, the average owner will say approx 0.9bar boost for a manual boost controller on a stock car. It's possible you will hit fuel cut in that region anyway, again depending on how the rest of the car is running.

devilvr4
07-09-2013, 10:09 AM
Have a look at this thread:
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?26996
About post 4 or 5 shows the 6A13TT specific diagram. The turbos are parallel, not sequential. Asking what the safe boost limit is is tricky to answer. How high a wall can you jump off without breaking your legs? What about just hurting them a bit? And another person will have different answers. Boost will depend on the condition of your engine, turbos, ignition system etc. Having said that, the average owner will say approx 0.9bar boost for a manual boost controller on a stock car. It's possible you will hit fuel cut in that region anyway, again depending on how the rest of the car is running.

cheers nick appriciate the help i will look into this more beofre doing anything and ask a few more questions beofre going any further with it anyway just to make sure that car is going under some work atm to make it run smoother it drives nicer now just want some more power out of it as i feel it getting to slow for me now

any other sugestions to make it faster or get a bit more power out of it ??? the car is manual galant if that makes any different

Davezj
07-09-2013, 11:21 AM
I would agree with what has said above.