PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Holland!

SstennizZ
10-09-2013, 05:00 PM
Good afternoon!
I'm Dennis, 29 years old and from Zoetermeer, the Netherlands.
Have been a fan of the Legnum for a few years now. My first contact with the VR4 was in England, three years ago during Japfest. I then did a track session with my mazda mx3 amongst some of the clubmembers here..
Given its size, I never really followed through on buying one. Though now it's really starting to itch.
My car history is quite varied. The tuning virus started with my mazda 323F bg, but really set off with my Mazda MX3. I swapped in a 2.5l V6 myself and did quite a few track sessions with it. Was a blast to drive!
But I wanted a bit more power and was a big fan of RWD, so I moved on to a Nissan 200sx S13. Swapped in a SR20DET engine and made it fully track ready. I have driven it for about a year at various events in the Netherlands and England, but we then came to the conclusion that we wanted a car with power, but one which is also good for touring (not rigid like an H-beam, resulting in a week of back and head aches after a long ride).
So, we moved on to my current Skyline R33 Gtst. Fantastic car! Serious case of "Ain't broken, don't fix". Now I know where the term "smiles per gallon" comes from!
Only problem is the internal space in relation to its weight. Since I am having an increase of mouths to feed next year, I want to continue my hobby, but still be able to fit everything into one car.. ;)
The logical step for me, as a Nismo fan, would be a Stagea, but the thing that bothers me with the Stagea is the over all look and the weight. When I look at a Legnum, there's really not much of a choice to make!
I'm in no hurry to buy but I'm looking around for a good deal. I'm after a facelift legnum in good state and preferably one that excepts a R33 skyline in return.. ;)
In the meantime I'm having some good reads over here.. :P
And my god, Legnums are beauties!

Ow and for those who where wondering, the lineup (minus about 6 different daily's):

Nick Mann
10-09-2013, 06:50 PM
Nice introduction! /Welcome and good luck in your search. I have two daughters, currently 2 and 5, and they are very happy in the back of the Legnum, even on long trips. The two year old regularly asks "Can we go fast, daddy?" which seems to me to be a perfect excuse! :D

SstennizZ
10-09-2013, 06:56 PM
lol Nice! Thanx!
I'm afraid I'll either get a greasemonkey (like me) as a son or a speedfreak (like her mother) as a daughter, so the thought of buying an ordinary family car hasn't even crossed my mind yet.. ;)

elnevio
10-09-2013, 07:09 PM
/Welcome

Hmm, a swap for R33... /Hmmm

SstennizZ
10-09-2013, 08:13 PM
Awwyeah, open to sensible offers.. ;)

crazydriver81
10-09-2013, 08:56 PM
Hi and Welcome to the club. Nice lineup of cars. Give us more details about the R33. Maybe you can make me think about a swap... ;)

SstennizZ
10-09-2013, 09:14 PM
1996, spec 2, I believe 90k km
Specs:
-Nismo front lip (not on yet)
- Nismo 300kph cluster
- HKB boss
- Sports steering wheel
- Greddy Informeter
- D1 Japspeed FMIC
- Powerflow 3" stainless catback
- HKS speed limit defender
- HKS type-0 turbotimer
- Autobahn88 radiatorhoses
- 255LPH HRC fuel pump
- Sytec Motorsport fuel filter
- Conceptua exhaust manifold studs/nuts
- Conceptua exhaust manifold tripple steel gasket
- Carbon strutt brace in front
- Active-LSD
- EBC Redstuff pads rear
- EBC Yellowstuff front
- Japspeed front lower brace
- Japspeed steering rod ends
- Japspeed tension rods
- Daiyama coilovers
- Japspeed hicas lockout bar
- 17 inch 8j front/9j rear Buddyclub P1 Racing
- Viper alarm system
- Fresh copper tipped plugs

On the shelf:
- Driftworks rear camber arms
- Superpro Poly front camber bushes
- Apexi SAFCII
- Innovate MTX-L
- Stri Turbopressure gauge
- Z32 MAF

Bad bits:
- slight rust on the front fenders (just above the bumper)
- solvent pop on front fenders and a little in the doors. Didn't bother me, since it isn't rust and I'm not much of a "show-guy" anyways..

Bender
11-09-2013, 06:46 AM
Hey and welcome to clubvr4..

Nice r33 you have. Are you selling or keeping it?

If you going get a Stagea, get one with the rb26dett. They are manual 2 :D

SstennizZ
11-09-2013, 07:29 AM
Yeah, selling it once I find a good facelift legnum vr4. Not really into the stagea since the RB26 on is WAY over budget and a lot heavier than a legnum.. Appart from the fact that the rb25 one looks butt ugly compared to a legnum..

Bender
11-09-2013, 07:52 AM
Yeah, selling it once I find a good facelift legnum vr4. Not really into the stagea since the RB26 on is WAY over budget and a lot heavier than a legnum.. Appart from the fact that the rb25 one looks butt ugly compared to a legnum..

Yeah if it comes down to looks then the legnum wins hand down, Stagea won't be that much heavier then a Legnum and all Stagea are the same. Autech gets the Stageas from nissan with the rb25det in them and replace them with rb26 motor and gearbox and add the body kit and thing other little things.

I had a Stagea and I sold it to buy my Legnum :D

SstennizZ
11-09-2013, 08:33 AM
Price-wise there's a big difference between NZ and Europe.. ;)