PDA

View Full Version : Who has a sunroof?

Bender
14-09-2013, 01:08 AM
Who has a sunroof in here Legnum or Galant?

And how often do you use it?

Bender
14-09-2013, 01:12 AM
I have a sunroof in my Legnum but I don't use it alot, More have it tilt up then open

scott.mohekey
14-09-2013, 01:36 AM
I use mine a lot in summer. When the car's going.

SEAN-NZ
14-09-2013, 05:29 AM
mine only gets used when other people use it, and thats not often, drunk girls really like it, i wish the window lock locked the sunroof as well

Adam.Findlay
14-09-2013, 05:45 AM
I don't use mine, because my car is never going.

fixed that for you :)

Adie
14-09-2013, 05:53 AM
If its a nice day I use mine!

scott.mohekey
14-09-2013, 07:00 AM
fixed that for you :)

lol. Good things take time!

Gly
14-09-2013, 09:20 AM
have one with and one without,

the like the one with as theres more light in the car the shade cover is always open,
and it does get used mainly in summer.

although i have had to replace the entire thing due to it jamming shut for what ever reason,
only $40 odd from pick a part so no big deal apart from having to pull all the trim/linings off

exevoowner
14-09-2013, 09:40 AM
Dont have one in mine have thought of getting one but thought nar its something else to go wrong lol

Scanny
14-09-2013, 10:21 AM
i have one in the galant. i use it a lot but mainly cos its a posh type lol

TAR
14-09-2013, 10:55 AM
I have one in my Legnum. It gets used when the weather is nice and is a great way to let the heat out on a hot summers day.

:happy:

Davezj
14-09-2013, 11:30 AM
i have a moon roof, and the sun shade is always open as it lets so much extra light into the cabin. it makes it much more light and airy.

i open it a lot, but in hot weather it can transmit a lot of heat into the cabin, but if you close the sunshade it cuts this out a lot. so when ever i leave the car i tend to close the sunshade in hot weather.
particularly important with black leather.

SEAN-NZ
14-09-2013, 04:01 PM
i am drunk, so dis reagard this if i am wrong, but i think the designers new it would possibly leak, due to the fact that there are drain tubes for the sun roof, my mates one started leaking because the tubes where blocked, he cleared the tubes and it stopped leaking, im guessing this is due to the way the sunroof seals when it comes down

menno3x8g
14-09-2013, 06:33 PM
I haven't in my Legnum nor Galants. So I don't use it.

Nick Mann
14-09-2013, 09:02 PM
I love it. It was an absolutely had to have on my most recent and potentially final VR4. Hopefully I will enjoy for a few years to come!

Badger_01
14-09-2013, 11:52 PM
I wish the Super had one, it'd be so awesome haha

Davezj
15-09-2013, 01:03 AM
i am drunk, so dis reagard this if i am wrong, but i think the designers new it would possibly leak, due to the fact that there are drain tubes for the sun roof, my mates one started leaking because the tubes where blocked, he cleared the tubes and it stopped leaking, im guessing this is due to the way the sunroof seals when it comes down

all sun roofs are setup like that with drain holes down the A pillars or B piilars.
it is part of the normal maintainance to unblock the drain holes, just run a bit of garndening wire (twist the end so it is not sharp a loop will do) down the holes once a year and you will never have an issue with blocked drain holes.
sun roofs are not designed to be water tight that is why they have the water tray around the perimiter of the glass, to catch the water and channel it to the drain tubes down the A pillars.

test it for your self, get a water jug and poor it in the corners of the sun rrof leave it for 5 mins then dry the outside of the sunroof, open the sun roof and see how hoch water is in the drip channels around the opening. it is surprising and a little concerning initially, but as long as you realise there will be water going down these drain tubes on a regular basis, you will not forget to clean them out.

SEAN-NZ
15-09-2013, 01:19 AM
i didnt realise it was a common thing to have the tubes, i would have thought they would try harder to make it seal, but i guess that would be a bit of an issue with how the seals actually make contact

Adie
15-09-2013, 01:22 AM
I think I had the car for 8 months before I realized it tilted!

GregA
15-09-2013, 04:00 AM
Use it a lot in the summer. I love the size. People always comment on how big it is...But seriously, it was on my list of needs when I bought my Legnum.

Bender
15-09-2013, 07:00 AM
One thing I do hate about having a sunroof in mine, Seems like every time I leave the car park up with the sunroof open or tilted up, It rain's....

Anderz
15-09-2013, 08:59 AM
My Galant has no sunroof, but the 2001 Legnum I bought this summer has the bigger moonroof :) That was part of the reason why I bought it:) (Ok it had Fujitsubo exhaust with stainless DP aswell)
Lets so much more light into the cabin

WillVR4
15-09-2013, 05:55 PM
I keep forgetting to close it, not good going into Scottish autumn...

Kryton
15-09-2013, 06:03 PM
Mine only ever gets used when parked on hot days. As soon as I get back in the car, it gets shut & the blind completely closed. I hate having a sunroof as it drops the lining down by enough to mean that if I go out the the Galant, I can't do my hair (unless I slide it back but its always too wet over here for that). Being near enough 6'5" it just gets in the way. or I get neck ache driving with my head tilted!

crazydriver81
15-09-2013, 07:01 PM
Sunroof was the thing which made me choose the Legnum. Don't wanna miss it, although it is mainly tilted. However, in certain circumstances it will give the space needed for "gymnastics" :D

TAR
15-09-2013, 07:59 PM
if I go out the the Gaylant, I can't do my hair

Ha Ha,
:happy:

mattnz
16-09-2013, 01:20 AM
I've got one on my Galant. Doesn't get used all that often, usually the cover is over it in fact.

Atik
16-09-2013, 09:39 AM
Got a moonroof on the Legnum which actually gets used often. Its an easy way to air out the cabin without freezing on colder days. Summer saw my roof open almost permanently, though the sun shining down onto the black leather wasnt fun!

Even the MR2 has a manual/removable sunroof which was out for most of the summer too.

Now that the colder weather is kicking in, the sunroof on both will probably open only for airing out purposes.

elnevio
16-09-2013, 09:57 AM
I think I had the car for 8 months before I realized it tilted!

Sounds familiar! /dunce

legnum1
12-10-2013, 09:00 PM
First thing I do on a warm day, open the roof.

Gly
12-10-2013, 10:47 PM
does anyone else think that the legnum moon roof should have more/higher tilt settings, that my only gripe about it

lathiat
13-10-2013, 02:39 AM
I have one in my Legnum V6 FWD.. love it, the interior shade is almost always back (window is tinted so it's quite nice) and I open it at least once a week usually :-)

bigsed
13-10-2013, 11:18 PM
My Legnum did, my Galant does not. I did like it but my two interim cars haven't had them so used to life without now.

veegeeta
14-10-2013, 09:41 AM
Have one in the legnum vr4. hardly use it as its too dam hot in north queensland. Good at night time though.

Bender
14-10-2013, 09:55 AM
does anyone else think that the legnum moon roof should have more/higher tilt settings, that my only gripe about it

Yup would of be nice if it did tilt higher.. But I think it is way to big, Would been better with smaller one in the front with bigger one in the back, Like they did with the Nissan Stagea.