PDA

View Full Version : LC1 + XD1 installation problem

ersanalamin
15-09-2013, 08:13 AM
I bought LC1 innovate and XD1 digital gauge lately. Installation seem to be easy, nothing serious. I use IG1 12V switched power, tap on C105 connector in the steer column. soldered the X1D + LC1 system and heater ground into one lug nut and bolt on the dashboard frame as a ground. when I try to turn the car the calibration process seems to be normal, but after that the XD1 gauge stop to react and shows _._._ means there is no data stream from LC1. this is happen all the time and nothing has change. The XD1 show some error E2 (bad connector) and E9 (low voltage). already made me a headache.

Does anyone experience the same error in lC1 installation? any succesfull experience in LC1 installation? any suggestion where to hook the power source and ground/earth cable?

guys please share, i dont know what else to do

wintertidenz
15-09-2013, 09:45 AM
I'd recheck your grounds. IIRC the Innovate devices are very sensitive to grounding.

Run a multimeter across the grounds and check the resistance, and also check the voltage that your Innovate LC-1 and XD-1 are getting.

ersanalamin
15-09-2013, 10:29 AM
I'd recheck your grounds. IIRC the Innovate devices are very sensitive to grounding.

Run a multimeter across the grounds and check the resistance, and also check the voltage that your Innovate LC-1 and XD-1 are getting.

did you install the your lc1 urself? where did you connect the red batt wire and the ground?

wintertidenz
15-09-2013, 10:36 AM
Yes I've installed an LC-1 myself, but I removed it as I later found that my turbo timer was killing ECU power for a fraction of a second and corrupting the calibration data.

I used a direct chassis ground by where the ECU grounds itself, and the +12v feed from the oxygen sensor connector itself.
I'd recommend running a fused feed directly from the battery and use a relay to activate it when ignition is live.

ersanalamin
15-09-2013, 12:24 PM
Yes I've installed an LC-1 myself, but I removed it as I later found that my turbo timer was killing ECU power for a fraction of a second and corrupting the calibration data.

I used a direct chassis ground by where the ECU grounds itself, and the +12v feed from the oxygen sensor connector itself.
I'd recommend running a fused feed directly from the battery and use a relay to activate it when ignition is live.

Hmm interesting , So you take +12v from front the OEM oxygen sensor connector and ECU ground for -. did u manage to get the LC1 reinstalled?

And Daniel, where is the ECU ground is exactly? terminal 26 at ECU coonector? (ECU pin out diagram)

BTW what turbo timer did u use that corrupt calibration process? I use Blitz FATT advance + turbo timer. The best turbo timer at the moment i suppose.

ersanalamin
15-09-2013, 05:18 PM
any other successful experience regarding the wiring installation? come guys please share

wintertidenz
16-09-2013, 07:05 AM
No I used the actual point where you bolt the ECU to the chassis. I never put the wideband back in - I haven't had the time or the inclination to do so yet.

I have a Blitz FATT as well with a plug and play loom. I was going to do some trickery with a relay when I reinstall it so I can use the turbo timer still - at the moment I've just turned it permanently off.

ersanalamin
17-09-2013, 01:10 PM
No I used the actual point where you bolt the ECU to the chassis. I never put the wideband back in - I haven't had the time or the inclination to do so yet.

I have a Blitz FATT as well with a plug and play loom. I was going to do some trickery with a relay when I reinstall it so I can use the turbo timer still - at the moment I've just turned it permanently off.

Well some forum said actual point where you bolt the ECU to the chassis is bad ground. Some evo forum and evo 8 ecu jumper harness seller said we better use jumper cable to get 12v IG1 and Ground from terminal 25 and 26 at ecu connector 1/A. I will give it a try ur way and the guys at evo forum said. I will try to jumper the cable with soldered needle first this week end, if it is work perfectly. i will make the terminal permanently either use posi-tap or evo jumper harness. Is that biltz FATT that ruin your calibration data? aww man i bought that blitz recently, hope it wont cause me a problem.