PDA

View Full Version : Help, creaky,bonky noise

fylfot
20-09-2013, 08:24 PM
Okay, i've had a bonk noise coming from the front of our v6 galant for a about a month, now there's a creaky squeky noise from the drivers side wheel area, it looks like the top ball joint but it's very hard to tell. I've seen the disaster stories on here of lower balljoints failing and so i want to resolve this asap. unfortunatly this is our only car. my questions are
1 How much is a genuine mitsu lower arm
2 does the top balljoint screw straight into the top arm
3 how much is the top ball joint
4 my steering isn't heavy, unlike the other lower arm failiures, so does that mean it's the top joint
5 is a track control arm the same as a lower ball joint arm/straight arm
6 also when accelerating hard into a left hander there is a vibration from the drivers front wheel area now, is that consistant with lower or upper wear

I haven't acted sooner on this issue because up until now i had no idea of the potential danger of something breaking like that. thanks for any help David.

Nick Mann
20-09-2013, 11:29 PM
You will find prices for all those parts at a dealer or on camskill.co.uk. They are all the same on the v6 as the vr4. I'm not aware of any ball joints being separately sold, they are all part of the arm as far as I know. Hopefully someone who has tried to change just the ball joint can confirm or deny.
The wobble on acceleration is more likely to be your inner cv joint starting to wear.
Good luck!

fylfot
21-09-2013, 10:57 PM
Cheers nick, inner cv joint, oh gawd:sad3: