PDA

View Full Version : Cruise control needed

97vr4
04-10-2013, 03:29 PM
my 97 Legnum vr4 doesn't have cruise control which is disappointing because I do a lot of highway driving and it helps keep my speed reasonable. I'm interested in getting you there an OM Mitsubishi cruise control or Aftermarket.I'm assuming the leg numb came with cruise control on some options, just wasn't online for some reason. Can anyone recommend a good aftermarket cruise control or point me in the direction to a stock unit. Thanks in advance

Kryton
04-10-2013, 03:44 PM
Few options out there but none of them cheap or easy. Best bet would be trying Ralliart1 as I knew he had one but was a while ago:

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?61799-Cruise-control&highlight=cruise+control

97vr4
04-10-2013, 07:53 PM
Wow thats pricey

Will a cruise control unit from a galant work?
I could prob get one from a locak wrecker

Kryton
04-10-2013, 08:06 PM
It can but but not easy. You will need some other bits & pieces to do it in throttle body. If you search on here someone has done it before. Will try to find a thread when next on computer

Humpty's Revenge
04-10-2013, 08:15 PM
Just get some other person to drive & tell them what speed you would like them to drive at....squimbles.../Steeringw

Ralliart1
05-10-2013, 01:03 PM
For £ 250 its yours and you get a bargain.Is difficult to fit the standard one from a Galant 2.0 or 2.5 because that are vacuum units .Mine is fully electronical and is easy to fit.

Ralliart1
05-10-2013, 01:04 PM
Few options out there but none of them cheap or easy. Best bet would be trying Ralliart1 as I knew he had one but was a while ago:

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?61799-Cruise-control&highlight=cruise+control
Btw. thanks Chris for recomandation.

MarkSanne
05-10-2013, 07:13 PM
I got it on my VR2 (because it was there already when it was still just a V6 N/A) and I've looked into this factory option for the Legnum but it's a lot of parts needed and quite complicated (I didn't do it). Only if you're a purist you should go down that road. Best option is buy the CC from Csaba!

legnum1
11-10-2013, 10:26 AM
Just had the US Rostra system fitted to my Legnum. It sat in the garage for ages until I could persuade The Management that it was worth it! There's no way I could have done this, I don't claim any great mechanical knowledge but the safe siting of the mechanical parts and then the electrical connections were way beyond me. It cost a day's labour at my local qualified mechanic which translates into nearly £500. However, I know it's been done professionally and most importantly, it's safe. I'll take some pics of under the bonnet and of the control stalk and post them on this thread soon. The only remaining problem is that my steering wheel is slightly off-centre when driving straight which masks the cruise control stalk, I'll get the tracking sorted at a later date to remedy that but for now I think I can remember where 3 buttons are without looking down!

97vr4
11-10-2013, 08:37 PM
That's the one I ordered
Where did you mount the control?

legnum1
12-10-2013, 03:17 PM
Have a look at the pics which are hopefully attached. The module is on the inside of the o/s wing at the front so the cable run is straight then turns into the engine bay. 64738647396474064741